Is this a good proejction screen material?

Hi,

While looking for a projector screen material to build my 123" fixed projector screen I found the following material on ebay Global. I wanted to know if this is a good material to go with, or should I look for other material?

130" PROFESIONAL CINEMA GRADE PROJECTOR SCREEN MATERIAL

Please help me decide.

Thanks
Bikram

seems the advt boasts more than is required. If you are willing to get this imported online why don't you try Carl's place.

I purchased from this website and got delivered to an US address and costed 2800 rs. If you get this delivered in India with customs it might cost you at the most 4000/- Check it out

I couldn't find PVC material on Carl's place and I think even from there it costs way more than 4,000 to get it delivered in India, may be because of depreciated rupee. Does Carl's place sell PVC material?

I couldn't find PVC material on Carl's place and I think even from there it costs way more than 4,000 to get it delivered in India, may be because of depreciated rupee. Does Carl's place sell PVC material?

I did not check if it is PVC or not but I think it has some rubber coating but how does it matter till it is good material.

The quality is good and projected picture is good.

I did not check if it is PVC or not but I think it has some rubber coating but how does it matter till it is good material.

The quality is good and projected picture is good.

Thanks for the info.

I hope there is no problem with the shipment. Do I need to pay for custom and import as well?

Which of the following two material do you think will be good for my purpose?`I am planning to buy it from Carl's place.

FlexiGray Projector Screen Material

FlexiWhite Projector Screen Material

ProGray Projector Screen Raw Material

ProWhite Projector Screen Material

I bought the cheapest option Blackout cloth with gain 1.0. If it is indoors usage this is enough and believe me pricture is good. I bougth 16:9 (110x66 inch) cloth for 39.95 USD. Import duty will be at the maximum 40%.

The other cloths mentioned are either meant for outdoor or tensioned systems or mid dew resistant or having bit of more grey shades to increase contrast levels which can be avoided if your requirement is indoor and dark room.

Also one of them mentions gain 1.1 this is needed in a little bit of ambient light ie it has a bit of reflection.

Goahead and purchase. In a few days I will post in my thread making of DIY screen from my experience.

Last edited:
I bought the cheapest option Blackout cloth with gain 1.0. If it is indoors usage this is enough and believe me pricture is good. I bougth 16:9 (110x66 inch) cloth for 39.95 USD. Import duty will be at the maximum 40%.

The other cloths mentioned are either meant for outdoor or tensioned systems or mid dew resistant or having bit of more grey shades to increase contrast levels which can be avoided if your requirement is indoor and dark room.

Also one of them mentions gain 1.1 this is needed in a little bit of ambient light ie it has a bit of reflection.

Goahead and purchase. In a few days I will post in my thread making of DIY screen from my experience.

I am completely noob in this, so I do not understand what do tensioned systems or mid dew resistant" mean", and what kind of screen is called tensioned. Please explain.

I am completely noob in this, so I do not understand what do tensioned systems or mid dew resistant" mean", and what kind of screen is called tensioned. Please explain.

PLease see the pictures in the carl's website for outdoor screens. These will be hung or tied like our side screens for shamiana's for weddings. They tie these side clourfull screens with ropes from all corners.

the tensioned outdoor screen's are also like the above menitioned and it is dew resistant ie if they are used in night outside dew droplets will accumulate on the screen so they make it water resistant.

Hope you understand now.

if you are going to make a frame then this tensioned one is not needed.

PLease see the pictures in the carl's website for outdoor screens. These will be hung or tied like our side screens for shamiana's for weddings. They tie these side clourfull screens with ropes from all corners.

the tensioned outdoor screen's are also like the above menitioned and it is dew resistant ie if they are used in night outside dew droplets will accumulate on the screen so they make it water resistant.

Hope you understand now.

if you are going to make a frame then this tensioned one is not needed.

Thanks for you input. I'd like to add that for screen I have the following in mind: I'll build a wooden frame, will get the screen material fixed on that, afterward will put an aluminum framing around it on which I'll past 3" black tape (from carl's place). Is it the right way to go about it? Won't Progray will be suitable for this? I heard blackout cloth doesn't produce depth to black.

I have bought Epson EH Tw-6100, which I suspect has shallow black, isnt it?

Thanks for you input. I'd like to add that for screen I have the following in mind: I'll build a wooden frame, will get the screen material fixed on that, afterward will put an aluminum framing around it on which I'll past 3" black tape (from carl's place). Is it the right way to go about it? Won't Progray will be suitable for this? I heard blackout cloth doesn't produce depth to black.

I have bought Epson EH Tw-6100, which I suspect has shallow black, isnt it?

If you are mostly watching movies in night(majority will do so ! ) then the contrast levels will not make much of a difference for you to observe unless you have two projectors at the sametime to compare.

If you wish - you can go for Progray ( I understand that it might prop up the blacks a bit !) but Tw 6100 is also having good contrast levels.

I have a TW8100 So contrast levels are already high so I do not need to go for Progray. But believe me it does not make much of difference since you do not have any benchmark with another projector / screen for you to notice any difference.

For your satisfaction and also to avoid any nagging doubt after setting up HT -go for Progray.

Once you go for wooden frame just line it with black(painted) border frame like a photoframe rather than using a aluminium frame and then use felt tape.
With black painted woodden frame you don't even need a black felt tape

Last edited:
Where will I get the projector screen material in India?
What sort of Material should one buy
Please help.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back