is this common in led TVs?

rahin88

Hi all,

I just got delivery of 55 inch Lg nanocell TV. 55SM8100PTA. I really loved it in showroom and bought this. So after playing some content I am observing something really bad during dark scenes. I see gray vertical band around a bright object in a dark scene. Is this normal ? Did I receive a defect piece? Planning to call dealership tomorrow asking for a return. Any comments regarding this are much appreciated. Here are some pics I took of my TV

IMG-20190717-WA0002.jpgIMG-20190717-WA0004.jpg

In my opinion there is something wrong with the panel. Definitely not normal. Get in touch with the dealer and get a replacement.

Good luck.

check if there is an option for auto back lighting control like Micro dimming, turn it off if there is.

This is just blooming from local dimming. This is actually common in sets that don't have a lot of dimming zone.

Guys just and update. If I disable micro dimming it looks fine. Anyway installation/demo guy is yet to come. Wil ask him

The first photo shows a weird pic with so much white shadows. Better check the same content in the showroom and then take a decision.

This is due to local dimming . I think this model of LG does not have actual FALD . Keep the local dimming/adaptive backlight OFF and run some light bleeding test video from youtube . (while doing the bleeding test make sure surroundings are DARK enough)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back