is true 4k better than faux 4k? My experience with epson 9400 and sony vw290

muhammed_bp

Everyone know now it is time for atleast 4k. so i also thought to upgrade from hdtv to 4k and then i thought why not a projector and started search for a 4k projector. reading rave reviews about epson 9400, i purchased it. i projected it to an 86 inch basic white screen. oh my God!!! i was so impressed with the picture quality and its brightness. there are a number of settings and options in the projector. i played with almost all the settings and settled to my preference. i played the blurays i own one by one. ofcourse they are full HD movies and this is my first 4k display. i noticed fine jittering in the paning shots especially in 24fps.i switched on the motion smoothing, there was no artifacts and enjoyed every bit of scene.(no motion smoothing for 4k) now its time for actual 4k content playback. i played from netflix and prime, few titles of 4k and also i played from 4k bluray disc...i was so impressed with the clarity...i said myself, why spending money for real 4k...this seems equally good. unfortunately(in reality it was fortunate) one of the hdmi input found some manufacturing defect. i informed the dealer and he told he shall replace it with a new one. unfortunately(again in reality it was fortunate) there was no stock of the same with the dealer. he told he has one sony vw290 and if i want he can give that if i pay the difference amount.(almost double the price of 9400). without any other option, i purchased sony. i was thinking whether it will be worth the money!!!. i installed the new sony.... first itself i played 4k content from a 4k bluray...... first 5min enuogh...... i said myself...."paisa vasool"..... it is a different league projector.... it is injustice to compare with 9400.... and injustice to compare with faux4k.... it has motion smoothing for 4k signal too....(which i really need).... so my experience- true 4k is really worth...

Everyone know now it is time for atleast 4k. so i also thought to upgrade from hdtv to 4k and then i thought why not a projector and started search for a 4k projector. reading rave reviews about epson 9400, i purchased it. i projected it to an 86 inch basic white screen. oh my God!!! i was so impressed with the picture quality and its brightness. there are a number of settings and options in the projector. i played with almost all the settings and settled to my preference. i played the blurays i own one by one. ofcourse they are full HD movies and this is my first 4k display. i noticed fine jittering in the paning shots especially in 24fps.i switched on the motion smoothing, there was no artifacts and enjoyed every bit of scene.(no motion smoothing for 4k) now its time for actual 4k content playback. i played from netflix and prime, few titles of 4k and also i played from 4k bluray disc...i was so impressed with the clarity...i said myself, why spending money for real 4k...this seems equally good. unfortunately(in reality it was fortunate) one of the hdmi input found some manufacturing defect. i informed the dealer and he told he shall replace it with a new one. unfortunately(again in reality it was fortunate) there was no stock of the same with the dealer. he told he has one sony vw290 and if i want he can give that if i pay the difference amount.(almost double the price of 9400). without any other option, i purchased sony. i was thinking whether it will be worth the money!!!. i installed the new sony.... first itself i played 4k content from a 4k bluray...... first 5min enuogh...... i said myself...."paisa vasool"..... it is a different league projector.... it is injustice to compare with 9400.... and injustice to compare with faux4k.... it has motion smoothing for 4k signal too....(which i really need).... so my experience- true 4k is really worth...
How much did you pay for the Sony?

I am not sure what's the message here. Both projectors seem to have 4k and you played actual 4k content on them. So where does the true and fake 4k come in?
While the Sony is native 4k, Epson is a native 1080p projector which achieves 4k by some pixel-shifting mumbo jumbo. So it's not true 4k.

Thanks for sharing your view. While 9400 pj is best in it is category for the given price range ,it can't be compared with Sony vw290 which is on different league .

I am not sure what's the message here. Both projectors seem to have 4k and you played actual 4k content on them. So where does the true and fake 4k come in?
Epson or Benq projectors are called true 4k PJ's. All 'true 4K' stamped projectors are technically 1080p projectors. They enhance and project the quality from 1080p chips to 4k. Sony and JVC are using true 4k chips in their native 4K projectors.

epson 9400 is faux4k. not true 4k. whereas sony 290 is true 4k. those brands who sell faux4k usually says their display is as good as true 4k. even i belived it. but in reality true 4k is far better. i dont know how good the faux 4k in dlp technology. i have no experience with dlp projectors.

epson 9400 is faux4k. not true 4k. whereas sony 290 is true 4k. those brands who sell faux4k usually says their display is as good as true 4k. even i belived it. but in reality true 4k is far better. i dont know how good the faux 4k in dlp technology. i have no experience with dlp projectors.
Dlps are inherently sharper than the 3lcd epson projectors, so it could be that as well

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back