ISO 13406 -2 Guidelines for LCD Pixel Defects

Rupam

Dead Pixels can cause a lot of mental agony for the buyers of expensive LCD TVs. And the companies (even reputed ones) makes ambiguous and sweeping statement that :

" The picture of a display unit is composed of pixels. Tiny black points and/or bright points (pixels) on the screen do not indicate a MALFUNCTION ( SONY INDIA BRAVIA BROCHURE ) "

Surely this kind of statement from a reputed manufacturer reveals how they like to manipulate the ignorant buyers about a defect which makes the purchase a waste.
I think Sony is Really committed to prove its tagline : MAKE BELIEVE !

Sony MAKES you BELIEVE that those tiny black points (thanks to Sony I now I know its called PIXEL !) or Bright ones (did you see the brighter side of sony?) do not indicate a malfunksion.

Ok, But what if the screen is covered with black or bright spots ? How many black or bright spot should be spotted before the customer calls Sony CC and wait for their whim?

Most buyers are not aware that there is an ISO standard for dead pixels : Its ISO 13406 -2 Guidelines for LCD Pixel Defects.

I just want to share it with fellow hifivision members so that, they can spread the word and help the customers to fight for their right :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please download the pdf file for details :

https://rapidshare.com/files/891749904/LCD_Dead_Pixel_ISO_Standard.pdf

ISO 13406-2 | Facebook

Attachments

• LCD_Dead_Pixel_ISO_Standard.pdf
    240.4 KB · Views: 13
well this standard wont help winning any fights so better not to show it to the tv company/service engineer as it allows more than 10 dead pixels

people here got replacements for 1 or 2 deadpixels so i am sure 10 dead and anyone could easily get a replacement

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back