Issue connecting samsung C530 with home theater

nsa

Hi,

I got Samsung 40" C530 on Saturday for 47K + free holiday package voucher for 7K on Jan 1st in bangalore. Sound quality from TV is not so gretat so I'd connected TV to home theater system [red white and yellow cables - Av2] but the audio from TV is not coming from my home system at all ? And When I played movies from USB drive connected to DVD player, It is showing as black and white on TV. Did anyone faced these issue before :sad:?

I'm trying for last couple of days caling Samsung cutomer care for wall fixing and above issues but no proper reposnse till now. how much does it cost for wall mounting ? Any reference ? Pls let me know.

Except for few minor issue, I'm finding the TV really good...the PQ is awesome, and USB in LCD almost plays every format with neat picture :)

I got Samsung 40" C530 on Saturday for 47K + free holiday package voucher for 7K on Jan 1st in bangalore. Sound quality from TV is not so gretat so I'd connected TV to home theater system [red white and yellow cables - Av2] but the audio from TV is not coming from my home system at all ? And When I played movies from USB drive connected to DVD player, It is showing as black and white on TV. Did anyone faced these issue before :sad:?

The AV2 in a TV is an input socket and cannot be used to send a signal out from the TV.

If you want to connect TV signals, the right way is to connect the set top box to your HT system and use the video signal out from the HT to your TV.

I'm trying for last couple of days caling Samsung cutomer care for wall fixing and above issues but no proper reposnse till now. how much does it cost for wall mounting ? Any reference ? Pls let me know.

Wall installation is usually done free. The wall bracket should cost some 500 Rs.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

What I'm looking for is, when I'll be playing from USB on TV, I want the sound to be on the Home theater speakers, Pls let me know how I should be connecting.

Thanks

Hi,
What I'm looking for is, when I'll be playing from USB on TV, I want the sound to be on the Home theater speakers, Pls let me know how I should be connecting.

I have the Sammy C550 and i am using the Headphone jack to connect into my HT (cant really say HT.. This is very old 5.1 audio system) and i am just using it for watching movies. Effect is better than the tv output though.

I guess there is a composite/digital out in samasung tv for audio. Please check the brochure or the back of the tv.

cheers

I'd connected TV to home theater system [red white and yellow cables - Av2] but the audio from TV is not coming from my home system at all

You need to connect audio out from TV to AV in on HT. Or you can take headphone out on TV and connect it to AV in on HT.

My friend got the same model recently, it only has a headphone out which you can connect to the ht. It also has an optical out which can be connected to the HT if supported..

40C530 has two Audio-out options -
(a) Stereo mini-jack marked as Audio out - need a separate RCA adapter if you want to connect as RCA to your amp/rcvr.
(b) Optical - in case your amp has optical-in and you also have an optical cable. This is marked as Optical audio-out.

Both are on the back panel, refer the manual before checking out the TV.

Wall mount (bracket+installation) is free and the technician will bring it when you call Samsung for an installation.

Thanks for all your inputs, I'm able to connect to the TV and HT (Philips hts3152) using Stereo mini-jack :)

And finally after couple of follow-ups the Samsung service guy had come last friday and did the Wall mounting :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back