Issue escalation @ Reliance Digital

zoozoo

I need to escalate an issue i have faced during my Diwali shopping @ a Reliance Digital store in Thane. Can someone please help me with mail IDs of higher authorities at Reliance Corporate to whom I can escalate since I'm getting no solution & facing a huge monetary loss. Please please help. You can DM me the email ID(s) only.
Thanks in advance.

I need to escalate an issue i have faced during my Diwali shopping @ a Reliance Digital store in Thane. Can someone please help me with mail IDs of higher authorities at Reliance Corporate to whom I can escalate since I'm getting no solution & facing a huge monetary loss. Please please help. You can DM me the email ID(s) only.
Thanks in advance.
What is the issue if you can elaborate?

What is the issue if you can elaborate?
The store guys took me for a ride when i went to purchase a soundbar for my TV during Diwali sale. That's what I feel. 2 times to be precise.
1. I was told that I'll get Rs 6K off if i go for 6 months EMI using my HDFC credit card. I'm not at all interested in EMI offers as I have to pay file charges or activation charges etc. But the sales guy said no extra amount will be charged & the EMI per month will be exactly the cost of the product divided by 6. I was ready to pay upfront the full amount with my HDFC credit card with an instant discount of 6K. But he kept on insisting i take up the EMI scheme. So before giving my go-ahead I again confirmed if there were any extra charges. To which he said no. I gave my consent for EMI. My credit bill received after a month of my purchase I received a bill showing file charges & GST. I was told at the store that i would not incur GST as it is included.
2. The invoice which i was handed to me at the store had an base amount of Rs X & discount of Rs 6K which was agreed by me. When the product was delivered the next day, I was given a bill which mentioned the base amount which was Rs 2000 less than the X amount shown in the invoice given to me at the store. So had they given me the discount on the bill amount given to me during delivery, i would have paid Rs 2000 less.
Overall I'm not happy with the purchase done at Reliance Digital store. This was my first ever purchase thru Reliance. Till date I have either purchased all my electronics online or thru Croma. Never felt cheated/unhappy. Just before Covid stuck I bought an iphone from Croma using EMI scheme from HDFC bank credit cards & the amount charged in my card statement for a 6 month was exactly the same what was finalized by me at their store. Not a rupee more not a rupee less. I want Reliance Digital's higher management to know about the issue. That's the reason I'm asking for email IDs. Thanks for a patient reading to my post.

Reliance digital r not at all professional,i once purchased a mobile thru their online store and they took 1 week to deliver it,as they have hired a cheapo local courier service who never respond. I wrote a mail to M.Ambani,then someone frm his office called to apologise but nothing happens. These guys have bcom so big that few unhappy cutomers wont make any difference to their turnover?

The store guys took me for a ride when i went to purchase a soundbar for my TV during Diwali sale. That's what I feel. 2 times to be precise.
1. I was told that I'll get Rs 6K off if i go for 6 months EMI using my HDFC credit card. I'm not at all interested in EMI offers as I have to pay file charges or activation charges etc. But the sales guy said no extra amount will be charged & the EMI per month will be exactly the cost of the product divided by 6. I was ready to pay upfront the full amount with my HDFC credit card with an instant discount of 6K. But he kept on insisting i take up the EMI scheme. So before giving my go-ahead I again confirmed if there were any extra charges. To which he said no. I gave my consent for EMI. My credit bill received after a month of my purchase I received a bill showing file charges & GST. I was told at the store that i would not incur GST as it is included.
2. The invoice which i was handed to me at the store had an base amount of Rs X & discount of Rs 6K which was agreed by me. When the product was delivered the next day, I was given a bill which mentioned the base amount which was Rs 2000 less than the X amount shown in the invoice given to me at the store. So had they given me the discount on the bill amount given to me during delivery, i would have paid Rs 2000 less.
Overall I'm not happy with the purchase done at Reliance Digital store. This was my first ever purchase thru Reliance. Till date I have either purchased all my electronics online or thru Croma. Never felt cheated/unhappy. Just before Covid stuck I bought an iphone from Croma using EMI scheme from HDFC bank credit cards & the amount charged in my card statement for a 6 month was exactly the same what was finalized by me at their store. Not a rupee more not a rupee less. I want Reliance Digital's higher management to know about the issue. That's the reason I'm asking for email IDs. Thanks for a patient reading to my post.
Sorry to hear that. Why I asked this question is because the exact same thing happened when I tried to buy a refrigerator recently from Reliance. However I did not buy from them as I was sure that there will be incidental charges and GST that will be charged later. I would have still bought it but there were two incidents that happened at the store that changed my mind. One, there was a couple arguing that there was a dent in their new washing machine that was delivered and wanted a replacement. The sales guy just did not even listen to them and asked them to contact the service center and not come and argue at their place. Second, another guy was arguing at a counter that he got a LED TV and suspects that he had received a display unit. I don't know what happened after that as I left the shop and made a vow henceforth never to buy any thing from Reliance.

Check with your bank also. Most of times the banks have tie-ups with the retail stores for promoting EMI schemes. Check with your bank, that you were told there will be no extra GST on the EMIs - most likely they will tell that they will give all this back as a cashback after 3 or 6 months (or whenever your EMI ends).
I remember something similar with my purchase of AC from Croma via ICICI. I had to check with ICICI about why they are charging extra stuff like GST.
However, in my case I took EMI scheme because there was additional 1500 Rs off if we engaged EMI scheme.
You mean to say that for a Soundbar of 50000, Reliance agreed for 6000 discount - hence the value becomes 44000. Now you are paying this 44000 as EMIs. However, the invoice value shows 42000?
This is definitely something fishy.

Reliance digital r not at all professional,i once purchased a mobile thru their online store and they took 1 week to deliver it,as they have hired a cheapo local courier service who never respond. I wrote a mail to M.Ambani,then someone frm his office called to apologise but nothing happens. These guys have bcom so big that few unhappy cutomers wont make any difference to their turnover?
Can you share the email ID you wrote to?

Check with your bank also. Most of times the banks have tie-ups with the retail stores for promoting EMI schemes. Check with your bank, that you were told there will be no extra GST on the EMIs - most likely they will tell that they will give all this back as a cashback after 3 or 6 months (or whenever your EMI ends).
I remember something similar with my purchase of AC from Croma via ICICI. I had to check with ICICI about why they are charging extra stuff like GST.
However, in my case I took EMI scheme because there was additional 1500 Rs off if we engaged EMI scheme.

You mean to say that for a Soundbar of 50000, Reliance agreed for 6000 discount - hence the value becomes 44000. Now you are paying this 44000 as EMIs. However, the invoice value shows 42000?
This is definitely something fishy.
1. Thanks. will try checking with HDFC.
2. So it was like this.
Original base Cost of soundbar: Rs 62,999
Base cost after bargaining at store: Rs 59,298
Cost after discount (HDFC EMI): Rs 59,999-6000= 53,298
Base cost mentioned in the bill received during delivery: Rs 57,800
Point of contention here is why 2 different costs for the same product in 2 different bills

10/04/2022​
6044886500​
CROMA - INFINITI RETAI MUMBAI IN​
12/04/2022​
6048315154​
CROMA - INFINITI RETAI MUMBAI IN​
-45549.46​
12/04/2022​
6048353551​
INSTANT EMI OFFUS CONVERSION​
0​
12/04/2022​
6048353554​
Processing Fee 199 : 0%​
199​
12/04/2022​
6048353557​
SGST-CI@9%​
17.91​
12/04/2022​
6048353561​
CGST-CI@9%​
17.91​
12/04/2022​
6048353567​
Interest Amount Amortization - <1/3>​
493.07​
12/04/2022​
6048353568​
SGST-CI@9%​
44.38​
12/04/2022​
6048353571​
CGST-CI@9%​
44.38​
12/04/2022​
6048353577​
Principal Amount Amortization - <1/3>​
15019.98​
12/05/2022​
6154115249​
Interest Amount Amortization - <2/3>​
330.48​
12/05/2022​
6154115254​
SGST-CI@9%​
29.74​
12/05/2022​
6154115260​
CGST-CI@9%​
29.74​
12/05/2022​
6154115271​
Principal Amount Amortization - <2/3>​
15182.57​
12/06/2022​
6259635595​
Interest Amount Amortization - <3/3>​
166.13​
12/06/2022​
6259635600​
SGST-CI@9%​
14.95​
12/06/2022​
6259635610​
CGST-CI@9%​
14.95​
12/06/2022​
6259635620​
Principal Amount Amortization - <3/3>​
15346.91​
27/07/22​
6415858268​
Samsung LFR EMI Apr-22 Cashback​
-1002.08​
NET OUTFLOW ===>​

^^^ I have just pasted the transactions on my card for purchasing Samsung AC from Croma.
As you can see that there was some cashback which set off the interest amounts. However at the end of the day, I still ended up paying about 400 extra. BUT if I wouldn't have opted for EMI scheme I would have to make purchase at Rs 47000 instead of Rs 45500.
By the way my invoice states around Rs 47500 as the price. :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back