Issue in Tidal connect (ifi Zen Stream)

Ebenezer

Hello FMs,

I have Ifi zen stream for streaming music. All this while I have been streaming music from Spotify through 'Spotify connect'. It works fine for me.

Recently I registered for Tidal (mainly for CD quality audio). When I tried to pair Tidal player with Ifi streamer, I was able to see the 'Ifi streamer Tidal connect' and it allowed me to connect through 'Tidal connect'. However, as soon as it is connected through Tidal connect, the player stops playing. The play button buffers for some time and then it resumes. But it does not play. I see green light in left side of Ifi zen stream (meaning it is connected), but right side light is off (switched on only when something is playing). When I disconnect it from " Tidal connect",
then it plays well on my Android phone.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited:
Its likely a software issue with Volumio (what Zen stream uses). Try restarting the streamer and see if that works. Also check the app settings - certain features can be switched off / on.

It happens when you have low bandwidth or slow internet. If your streamer has wired internet connection use it instead of Wi-Fi.

Also when it starts to buffer change the mode from tidal connect to the device and when it starts playing try reconnecting to tidal connect.

Its likely a software issue with Volumio (what Zen stream uses). Try restarting the streamer and see if that works. Also check the app settings - certain features can be switched off / on.
Thanks for your response. I have tried restarting the streamer; didn't solve the problem. I will try with switching off the features that i am not using.

I had logged a ifi support ticket as well. I got a similar response, they are asking me to do 'factory reset' in ifi app setting so that it goes back to the previous OS version . I have tried that as well, even then the problem persist :-(

It happens when you have low bandwidth or slow internet. If your streamer has wired internet connection use it instead of Wi-Fi.

Also when it starts to buffer change the mode from tidal connect to the device and when it starts playing try reconnecting to tidal connect.
Thanks for your response. My wifi bandwidth is really good (80 -100 mbps speed). When i tried to change the mode from tidal connect to device, it works fine in my device (Android phone), if it switch it again to 'tidal connect' it stops playing.

Is there any router setting that needs to be tweaked for 'Tidal connect' to work?

1671613836344.png

I saw this in one of the forum discussion about Tidal issue in Zen stream. I don't know what router setting to change here.

I am also using ifi stream but only for spotify connect. As of now I don't have Tidal subscription but would like to hear from fellow members about quality of streaming. My DAC is Luxman DA 06.
From my experience with teething trouble while using spotify connect, I can, however, suggest that use the latest version of ifi stream mobile app (2.31.7). Also check that in Sources tidal.connect is switched "on".
Then try exclusive tidal mode on strem by using the switch at the back. ( position 3)
Also try with independent coaxial cable separately and with USB cable separately.
I find the sound of stream quite flat compared to playing football through laptop

At last I was able to fix the issue with the help of one of our FMs Gecko.

Tidal connect work with static ip adress in the router. In addition the DNS setting in the ifi app to be changed as follows,

DNS Server 1: Enter 8.8.8.8

DNS Server 2: Enter 8.8.4.4

After these changes Tidal connect works perfectly in Ifi zen stream

Hi Sir would you be able to share as how you are able to make Tidal Connect work being in India as what process you are following to stream.

Hi Sir would you be able to share as how you are able to make Tidal Connect work being in India as what process you are following to stream.
To register tidal in India, you need to go via vpn browser and select some country where tidal exist (for e, g Argentina, Turkey) and then register using your credit card.

To register tidal in India, you need to go via vpn browser and select some country where tidal exist (for e, g Argentina, Turkey) and then register using your credit card.
Thanks but how to use it with my sources like Network player or HT system

At last I was able to fix the issue with the help of one of our FMs Gecko.

Tidal connect work with static ip adress in the router. In addition the DNS setting in the ifi app to be changed as follows,

DNS Server 1: Enter 8.8.8.8

DNS Server 2: Enter 8.8.4.4

After these changes Tidal connect works perfectly in Ifi zen stream
Hey Hi,

Could you confirm if Zen Stream is limited to the Hifi resolution in Tidal or does it stream Master resolution too?

MaSh

Which is the next best country option for Tidal as Argentina is giving trouble now a days?
How about Brazil?

Hey Hi,

Could you confirm if Zen Stream is limited to the Hifi resolution in Tidal or does it stream Master resolution too?

MaSh
Zen Stream, streams Tidal in Master quality as well. You need to have a capable DAC though

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back