Issue in viewing Youtube HD content on large screen TV

gman

HI guys,
I am trying to view youtube HD content through my sony BDP s1100 connected to 42" tv. While the hd content looks very good when viewed on my laptop (15"), the same content looks more like SD (sometimes even worse) on TV.

Is there any option (using any other device) by which we can view HD content with HD like PQ even on large screen TVs? I am planning to upgrade to bigger screen so it is critical that the PQ doesnt degrade based on monitor size.

Appreciate your ideas.

Does you laptop have a HDMI out? while playing the content on your laptop try to see if there is a difference if you connect to TV via HDMI.

Another option is to download the HD resolution video on your laptop using any of the free HD youtube video downloader and try to play that on BDP via usb to see if the quality improves

I think your in built app on BDP might have issues selecting the best resolution automatically.

If you have a choice try to see if opening the youtube video through the browser of the BDP instead of the app yields better results.

@haisaikat, that's a good point. I actually played downloaded HD trailers thru the USB of the BDP and it came it out good. Will chk with Sony CC once again.

Sony says it's do with the internet speed. I get 1MBPS. Anyone else getting good PQ thru youtube app of any blue ray player? what is the min speed recommended?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back