Issue of signal loss

chander

Here on behalf of a friend.

He has a Denon X2700H and an ATV 4K connected via BlueRigger HDMI 2.1 Cables.

ATV 4k -> Denon -> Sony OLED 4K via eARC is how it is connected.

Recently he has been experiencing a few strange issues where -
1 - The TV suddenly goes blank, but the audio keeps coming.
2 - Everything goes blank - no video and no audio if it is woken from a standby and sometimes even from the screensaver on ATV4K
3 - Denon & ATV alternatively or together keep freezing. The Denon has only frozen once but ATV has frozen on a few occasions.
4 - Sometimes when everything is blank, putting the Denon in Stand-By allows the picture and sound to come out of the TV, through the HDMI pass-thru.
5 - Sometimes a full power cycle brings everything back. Sometimes not.
6 - sometimes a simple on/off on Denon (only thru remote not thru the wall socket) brings everything back, sometimes it doesn't.

Sadly the issue is a bit random and hence not replicable with certainty - so connecting another source for example has not triggered this over the last week, but the source is tested for a couple hours. ATV is where the major usage is and hence the issue recurs.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Just an educated guess, I had somewhat of an issue like this and it ended up being improper earthing. Another could be be the cable, maybe he could swap them around to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks! The #3 has not happened since me posting this thread and #5 & #6 no longer offer a solution. I will let him know about your message!

Yeah I actually freaked out a bit, as I convinced him to get these components :) As they were woking fantastic for me :) He was a yamaha AVR boy and then this happened and then I was in a bit of a face palm moment.

ZeniQ 8K Certified HDMI 2.1– 1.5 Meters, 4K@120hz, 48Gbps - HDCP 2.2, 2.3, HDR 10 and Dolby Vision, eARC, Support 4K -120Hz Tested with 8K, 4K TV, PS5, RTX3080/3090, Xbox
On Amazon it's the best short cable
For projectors DHIVIS fiber hdmi 2.1 10/15 mts cable is v good .it's 8 k 48 gbps ,overkill for 4 k 60 hz projectors,but here in India 18 gbps cables are not availablebeyond 6 mts length.its 10.2 Gbps cables beyond 6 mts so I choose above one
Initially I was using 10.2 Gbps bluerigger cable,now there is definite improvement in colour depth .

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back