Issue with Onkyo 3300 HDMI connection

abmullick

Hi,

My Home Theater setup has follwing devices connected through HDMI v1.3.
1. Onkyo HTS 3300
2. LG LF 20 Full HD LCD panel
3. LD Blu-ray player DB550.

When these three devices are connected by HDMI cable and I'm playing musics from the BD player as soon as I switch off the TV the BD player is also getting shutdown automatically.

I tried to change HDMI control in my AVR to Off and have set HDMI power control to off. Surprisingly now I'm facing the auto shutdown issue of BD player when tv is switched off SOMETIME but not ALWAYS !!!

Has anyone else encountered the similar issue with Onkyo 3300? I contacted the Onkyo guys in Kolkata. They said its the property of HDMI you can't change it. But then I think we should call it a diffect of the product but can't believe that such a well accepted technology can have this bug.

Thanks in advance,
Abhisek

When these three devices are connected by HDMI cable and I'm playing musics from the BD player as soon as I switch off the TV the BD player is also getting shutdown automatically.....
But then I think we should call it a diffect of the product but can't believe that such a well accepted technology can have this bug.

This is certainly not a function of HDMI. What I suspect is happening is that the Power On and Power Off remote codes of both the TV and screen are the same. When you power off the TV with the remote it also powers off the BD Player. Try switching off the TV manually, and if your BD Player stays on, I am correct. You have find a way of power off the TV with affecting the player.

It is also possible that the two are linked internally as they are from the same company. In that case you have read the manual and see how you can delink them.

Cheers

I have a Sony's BD Player. It happens in Sony also but just for a moment. Sound gets off for few seconds and then come back again. So i guess it may be a HDMI's issue.

I have a Energy Saving function in my Samsung TV. If i set it to HIGH then screen goes blank. It's not as efficient as shutting down ur TV but still it saves the energy. If you have similar function in ur TV too then u can use it. :)

Cheers..!!

There is nothing to do with the remote's power on/off code since it happens even if I switch off the TV by pressing the power button at the tv set. Also it doesn't happen if connect the devices by RCA cable.

Last edited:
This is the sync (SimpLink) feature from LG, you can turn it off this behavior by pressing SimpLink button on your remote. This button is located below the colored buttons mostly at bottom right corner.

Hi,

My Home Theater setup has follwing devices connected through HDMI v1.3.
1. Onkyo HTS 3300

When these three devices are connected by HDMI cable and I'm playing musics from the BD player as soon as I switch off the TV the BD player is also getting shutdown automatically.

I tried to change HDMI control in my AVR to Off and have set HDMI power control to off. Surprisingly now I'm facing the auto shutdown issue of BD player when tv is switched off SOMETIME but not ALWAYS !!!

Has anyone else encountered the similar issue with Onkyo 3300? I contacted the Onkyo guys in Kolkata. They said its the property of HDMI you can't change it. But then I think we should call it a diffect of the product but can't believe that such a well accepted technology can have this bug.

Thanks in advance,
Abhisek

Last edited:
@svkndv -

I've turned off the SimpLink but the issue still persists...

Can anyone please suggest?

Abhisek

I face the same issue even. My setup is Panasonic 42V20D through HDMI out from Onkyo 3300, Sony BD player through HDMI in onto Onkyo and digital cable set-top box through A/V cable to Onkyo.

While watching cable if the Sony BD is switched on, the TV changes mode automatically to HDMI.

While listening to music from mobile phone connected through USB to Sony BD, if TV is switched off, the BD player pauses and skips 6 to 7 tracks.

It doesn't switch off completely though but I guess goes into sleep mode.

there it an option on the lg bluray bd550 setup menu as 'Auto Off' or something like it. By default it is on. Did you tried to set it to off & check.

@skndv -

I've Simplink button on my tv remote only not on the BD remote.

@Prasad -

Did not find anything called "auto off" in the BD menu/setting.

Thanks,
Abhisek

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back