Issue with Pioneer AV Receiver 823K and Harman Kardon HKTS 65BQ

girishsutar

Hello Friends,

I have purchased this home theater combination 5 years back and recently facing issue with no bass from the sub woofer (model HKTS 220 SUB).

I have ensured all the wiring are in place with all settings right for speakers.

I researched internet and came across posts where the receiver forgets about the subwoofer and does not send any frequencies (thats weird) . So I tried unplugging and replugging the subwoofer to the receiver, and surprisingly it worked for couple of minutes and the sub again went silent.

I am really stuck here and looking forward for some help here.

Also I had taken this setup to the dealer (Sound Factor, Pune) with whom I purchased this and it worked there as well and then I connected at home, again it worked for some time and then the sub went silent.

Hello Friends,

I have purchased this home theater combination 5 years back and recently facing issue with no bass from the sub woofer (model HKTS 220 SUB).

I have ensured all the wiring are in place with all settings right for speakers.

I researched internet and came across posts where the receiver forgets about the subwoofer and does not send any frequencies (thats weird) . So I tried unplugging and replugging the subwoofer to the receiver, and surprisingly it worked for couple of minutes and the sub again went silent.

I am really stuck here and looking forward for some help here.

What if you you re-run the Pioneer Calibration again or increasing the db of the subwoofer from the receiver setup menu..

I tried that as well. Increase/decrease db, changed crossover settings as well, still no change.
Assuming your cables/ connections are fine. Crossover is set properly & speakers set to " small".
If the sub itself has a room correction option then can you see if it emits the test tones.
Other option is to connect the sub to a friend's system to see if it works.
Last option would be for the HK technician to examine it.
If I have missed anything then hope other FM's can chime in to help.
Pls check whether your subwoofer cable is faulty or not. This recently happened to a friend of mine. After the cable was changed, his subwoofer worked.

Last edited:
An update to this thread.
I got number of Sharat Advani from one of previous discussions.
His visiting charges are Rs. 1500/-
He checked the receiver and said the issue would be with Card and might need to take the receiver to Service Centre.

For 15 minutes I had to shell out 1500 bucks :confused::mad:

I tried that as well. Increase/decrease db, changed crossover settings as well, still no change.

My pioneer vsx 834 doesnt route signals to subwoofer, if the Front Left and Right speakers are set to Large. Every time I run auto calibration, it sets the front channels to large and I have to manually set it to small. Do check if its same in your case

An update to this thread.
I got number of Sharat Advani from one of previous discussions.
His visiting charges are Rs. 1500/-
He checked the receiver and said the issue would be with Card and might need to take the receiver to Service Centre.

For 15 minutes I had to shell out 1500 bucks :confused::mad:

That's a rip off considering nothing was definitely resolved. Try emitting test tones from the subwoofer via the receiver in the calibration setup. After calibration pls try keeping the crossover at 80 hz and speakers small for the fronts
Or connect your sub to a friend's receiver to check whether it works. So you can eliminate one doubt at a time before going to the service center.

Last edited:
Hi,
If there is a way to completely reset your receiver and if you haven't tried it yet, please try that.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back