Issue with Pioneer BDP-450 while playing 3D content

bassguitar

Hi,

I have a Pioneer BDP-450. While playing 3D movies the audio stutters ie it goes off for about 1 sec then comes back on again. AVR shows 'Decoder Off'. While playing normal 2D content or other media this problem is not there.
I checked the firmware its 2.05.
Please provide your valuble inputs as to what the problem is. Do I need to update the firmware or some issue with the BDP? :sad:

Regards,
rhl

Hi,

I have a Pioneer BDP-450. While playing 3D movies the audio stutters ie it goes off for about 1 sec then comes back on again. AVR shows 'Decoder Off'. While playing normal 2D content or other media this problem is not there.
I checked the firmware its 2.05.
Please provide your valuble inputs as to what the problem is. Do I need to update the firmware or some issue with the BDP? :sad:

Regards,
rhl

Try out the latest firmware google it up. I saw the below on Pioneer EU site its version 2.12. Also try with a good 1.4 cable 1.5 meters length.

BDP-450-K - Software & firmware downloads - Pioneer

Thanks ALL
issue is resolved by updating firmware :)

I have exactly the same issue. BDP was with version 2.05 and using Audioquest Pearl HDMI. I tried changing cables, did separate HDMI config as well but none worked. Flashed custom firmware (not much use as I do not play BD iso and dont need region free capabilities). Now will definitely try the latest FW to check. Thanks.!

Finally which firmware did you update - uk or eu?
Pls. Let me know the steps to update the firmware in pioneer blu ray player.

Hi,

I got my BDP from Singapore so used latest firmware 2.12 from Pioneer Singapore site. You check which region ur BDP is from and update accordingly.
Google it and you will get the instructions.
I have also uploaded a doc for your reference.
Hope this helps you. Feel free to PM me incase you need more help.

Regards,
rhl

Attachments

• BDP-450_Update_Instructions.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi,

I got my BDP from Singapore so used latest firmware 2.12 from Pioneer Singapore site. You check which region ur BDP is from and update accordingly.
Google it and you will get the instructions.
I have also uploaded a doc for your reference.
Hope this helps you. Feel free to PM me incase you need more help.

Regards,
rhl

Otherwise how is this BD player. Is it really worth paying more for this player.

YUP BDP-450 is worth each penny. It is highly rated and it is very fast. It loads blu rays much quicker than rest. Sony, Samsung, LG not in this league.

YUP BDP-450 is worth each penny. It is highly rated and it is very fast. It loads blu rays much quicker than rest. Sony, Samsung, LG not in this league.

Thanks for ur reply. Just wanted to check whether you are using both hdmi outputs. One to tv for the video and the other to AVR for the audio. Does both the hdmi's work or we have to rely on coaxial cable for connecting to the AVR for audio.
Btw what is its price .. Indian one Region C?

You won't complain about the picture quality of BDP450. Only thing that irritates is the player's response to the remote.Response time is super slow for power on, tray eject.

You won't complain about the picture quality of BDP450. Only thing that irritates is the player's response to the remote.Response time is super slow for power on, tray eject.

In other post you replied that all your blu rays are imported from uk. Did you made your pioneer 450 region free. Is yes pls. let me know the steps to make it region free.

In other post you replied that all your blu rays are imported from uk. Did you made your pioneer 450 region free. Is yes pls. let me know the steps to make it region free.

All of my Bluray disks are from Amazon.UK and are Region free. I got my player from the authorised Dealer from Chennai and so it is region specific. I upgraded the Firmware to 2.12 and after that now it plays only the original BD and not those from the local shops. Those local BD, though looks like original, either have cinevia problem or Unknown Disk. Pls note that these Local Disks were playing fine before the Firmware upgrade to 2.12

Me too regularly searching for CFW for flashing the FW 2.12. So far nothing has come up.

All of my Bluray disks are from Amazon.UK and are Region free. I got my player from the authorised Dealer from Chennai and so it is region specific. I upgraded the Firmware to 2.12 and after that now it plays only the original BD and not those from the local shops. Those local BD, though looks like original, either have cinevia problem or Unknown Disk. Pls note that these Local Disks were playing fine before the Firmware upgrade to 2.12

Me too regularly searching for CFW for flashing the FW 2.12. So far nothing has come up.

Any reason for updating 2.12. Some kind of lip sync issue. So after updating 2.12, do you face problems with blu ray titles bought from flipkart, ebay.in or amazon.in. If that is the case, then it will be difficult to play regional language (hindi, telugu, etc). Then it's a serious issue. After buying such a costly player, it pains if it doesn't play regional movies.

Any reason for updating 2.12. Some kind of lip sync issue. So after updating 2.12, do you face problems with blu ray titles bought from flipkart, ebay.in or amazon.in. If that is the case, then it will be difficult to play regional language (hindi, telugu, etc). Then it's a serious issue. After buying such a costly player, it pains if it doesn't play regional movies.

No problem from Flipkart and Amazon.in disks. Not tried with ebay.in sofar as some vendors in ebay.in also sells BDs at 300 each which would be copies only. The problem is with the disks from Local shops ( rs. 150 to 250 each) that are not original but copies. This issue would happen almost in most of the player whose FW released in 2014 to stop piracy. Though the FW says for performance, all FW are mostly for cinevia updation

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back