It could be repetitive but i had to ask about Active Monitors/Speakers

manpreetsingh212003

Hi all,

Before i start asking , i want to thank all the forum members for running a forum like this (which help people with different visual and audio needs to enjoy what they want).
I am searching for Good Quality (Sound) Active Monitors/Speakers over Internet for past one week. I am getting more and more confused as the days go bye, not because i have so many options but because i have limited budget and i have never ever listened to Active speaker/monitors. Although i have a few options available.
Following are my Requirements:
1. My budget is between 10 k - 15 K.
2. I will be listening to only music via my laptop(which has on board Sound card) & through mobile.
3. In music i will listen to most of A.R Rahman,Punjabi songs(since i am from Punjab) & Religious songs.
4. I have never bought a home theater (due to lack of space in my home and my budget). So it will my first real purchase for my music needs (previously i was enjoying with headphone only).

I hope above points clear my situation.

thanks in advance .

for that price range. i think of only 2 brands that are good and available in india.

Audio Engine A2

and Swans.

both these are actives and can be hooked to laptop/stb/pc directly and are VFM and good sounding speakers.

Thanks theironhorse for reply

Which model of swans is good.Can u suggest the Dealer or online store from where i can get these speakers (like A2 or swans)

It's not necessarily bad, so much as maybe not as good as if you had ten times as much to spend. But that's the story of all our lives :)

Powered speakers, such as those from M-Audio, offer very good value for money.

It's not necessarily bad, so much as maybe not as good as if you had ten times as much to spend. But that's the story of all our lives :)

Powered speakers, such as those from M-Audio, offer very good value for money.

So.now shloud i consider M AUDIO or like F&D speakers?
I think in todays time.its hard to get good music speaker or speakers that sound good to ears.

F&D will be stupid.. for 15k as suggested the best bet will be audioengine A2.

for swans the dealers is in Ahmedabad. he will ship anywhere for reference you can give my Techenclave handle ( same id ) and he should be able to give some discount as well.

in swans you can look for d1080 else mk200 else m10/20 all around 15k and below.

Swan D1080-IV

M audio is a studio brand - may not be in league of Genelac or Adam still a respected brand ..... cannot be compared with F&D ...please check te facts

Genelacs and Adams are notches above the Actives being discussed... and specially Genelacs.. those things deserve respect..

f&d should not be in the list for comparo..

@manpreetsingh212003
+1 AudioEngine A2, The A2+ has also just been launched in India.

Dont confuse yourself. With so many options and reviews around, its easy to get lost.

If you are looking to just play music through your computer in a 2.0 way and enjoy, then look at
Audio Engine, Swan.
If you want a subwoofer option look at Klipsch Promedia, Edifier, Logitech and Swan.
All of these have models around your price range and will work well with the computer/mobile phone.

Studio monitors are a different trip and do work very well with a computer but IMHO they are best served with a DAC. If you want to go that route it will add to your costs.

M audio is a studio brand - may not be in league of Genelac or Adam still a respected brand ..... cannot be compared with F&D ...please check te facts

I doubt that the low-budget M-audios are even within a mile (or ten) of Adam/Genelec. However, in their turn, they are several miles better than some of the "multimedia" computer-shop speakers a person might be upgrading from.

I have the M-Audio AV-40s. They were all I could afford at the time. And even then, the investment was only small compared with speakers costing several times as much. They are good value for money. Those with very refined experience might not enjoy them, but most would find them enjoyable to listen to.

My complaint: they have developed a fault, which is not so good after just a few years. On this basis alone, the recommendations for Audioengine or Swan, both of which have good reports, might be the better ones to follow. :cool:

Hi all,

I thinks its better to go with AE2 only because no other speaker is in my budget.
Swan D1080-IV is out of stock (although MKII is available but it cost around 19K including Shipping & Taxes).
I think AE2 it is.

Any how i am very happy with feedback from the forum members.Realy appreciate.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

That is what happen between abundance of popularity(Audio Engine) and lack of popularity(Swan) in India.

Swans are indeed great speakers for the price however audioengine have been available in india for quite sometime while Swans are yet to make that wide presence. Also there is just one dealer for the same and orders on demand basis once a while. :)

Swans are indeed great speakers for the price however audioengine have been available in india for quite sometime while Swans are yet to make that wide presence. Also there is just one dealer for the same and orders on demand basis once a while. :)

Words in bold are very true which you said, lack of popularity is what stopping us to introduce their higher end models like T200B/C, X2, X4, X5, X6. For eg., X6 would cost around 1Lac 30 thousand to customer so it would be a risk for us. Although few customers have contacted us already for the Swan Subs which also costs 3 times the price of AE subs as well as wharfedale and polk audio subs and to name few more brands.

Words in bold are very true which you said, lack of popularity is what stopping us to introduce their higher end models like T200B/C, X2, X4, X5, X6. For eg., X6 would cost around 1Lac 30 thousand to customer so it would be a risk for us. Although few customers have contacted us already for the Swan Subs which also costs 3 times the price of AE subs as well as wharfedale and polk audio subs and to name few more brands.

din't realize you were the same guy from Techenclave :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back