iTunes in India

rishi.s

With the launch of iTunes in India, I guess a lot more people will be finally legally downloading content. Wanted to know if anyone had any idea on the quality of video from iTunes. I've downloaded a couple of old hindi movies from iTunes yesterday, and the quality seems to be better than anything I've found in the market/ net. Was wondering audio/ video for newer non-Indian movies, where they will matter more.

Also, is there any way around the DRM for videos downloaded from iTunes? I don't want to distribute, but would definitely like to run the videos off my hard-disk on my HTPC. Currently, stuck with watching them on the laptop or Apple TV :sad:

Yes I was super excited when I heard this and was waiting for it. But all my expectations died a horrible death when I learnt that iTunes only offer 256kbps AAC downloads, no lossless, not even apples own, Apple lossless. Whats the point of downloading legally when you cannot get CD quality music ....... bitterly disappointed

iTunes India does not allow digital copies authorization of legally purchased movies from USA and UK. It says "this item is not applicable for region" or some message like that.

iTunes is a total rip-off in my opinion and was the main reason why I went anti-Apple and pro-Samsung.

The HD movies are 1080p but audio is DD5.1 about the file size is in 3-4 GB. So at 300 bucks you get HD video and DVD audio.

Many of the good apps availabe in the US store are not available in the Indian store. This is total discrimination and same is the case with pandora, spotify,etc. I dont understand the logic behind this and is counter productive. So is the case with HD tracks. But this only encourages the mindset that why should we care, when there are other means? even in the case of genuine buyers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When it comes to iTunes and Apple products in India, I will say like Jai: ????? ?? ???? ??? ????? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??.

I won't be buying Apple products in a hurry - too expensive and too restrictive.

Back