jamo c 600 series and elac sub 50 esp and pioneer vsx 522

noel shaju

Hey friends ,
I'm new to this forum and to the hifi world. I got a ht setup consisting of a panasonic 42"plasma tv jamo c605 front c60 centre sur 60 surrounds and a elac sub esp 50 connected to a pioneer vsx 522. Can anyone suggest me the proper crossover settings for my system and other useful tips for me because I don't get the expected quality. And is my system worth for 1.5lakh?
Room size 1210 ft. Wiring done using high quality cables.
All comments are welcome .thank you in advance !

Hi

I am not sure if the VSX 522 has audyssey setup.(briefly owned the VSX 520).....if not ensure that the speaker settings are set to large. Bass setting as LFE+MAIN.....all speakers crossover as 80hz and LPF for LFE as 100hz....keep subwoofer volume at half...(12 oclock position)...place the subwoofer in a good place in the room..

Start hearing music and movies and see if it sounds pleasant to you....you may be required to tweak the settings in terms of speaker levels, Bass + Treble controls etc.

Keep Treble on +4 and Bass on +2.

Typical speaker levels wound be the fronts at +11 or +12.....Centre at +13 and surrounds at +13 to +15 depending on the distance from the actual viewing area....

Hope this helps...all the best....besides good equipment, the content you play has to be of high quality so that you enjoy proper video and audio experience....

Thankyou for the advice. Ill try it out today and will let you know.Yes 522 had audisee setup. And I play dts content mostly from my laptop connected via hdmi to the receiver. Using windows media player without any decoding and the receiver does the decoding. Hope this method is good.

Thanks a lot I tried a lot of adjusting and the entire system sounds great.! I have set the front speakers as large and rest as small . Crossed over at 80 hz and I have set subwoofer at 60hz. And volume half way down.

There is no bass from the subwoofer when I am playing mp3 or other 2 channel audio files? Is there any settings to be changed ? Literally there is no bass now . But when I chang the setting as no subwoofer I get good bass out of the front speakers.but with sub connected and volume at halfway I don't get anything the output is feble.and when I change mode to extended stereo all the speakers are playing and the subwoofer is great. But I want only two speakers and subwoofer? Any advice ?

Firstly set your front speakers as SMALL, even if they are floor standers. There should be an option to set Subwoofer as YES, make it as PLUS and set crossover to 100, so that whenever there's any audio lesser than 100hz will passed onto sub. If YES is selected, sub will work only if there's a proper 5.1 channel recording and other audio will not be routed to sub.

Last edited:
Thanks bharath_rbk . I tried it but setting crossover to 100 doesn't sound good for movies. And with songs I set the subwoofer off so the front speakers are in full swing. And I get decent bass. Only problem is to change settings each time for movies and music :sad:

Thankyou for the advice. Ill try it out today and will let you know.Yes 522 had audisee setup. And I play dts content mostly from my laptop connected via hdmi to the receiver. Using windows media player without any decoding and the receiver does the decoding. Hope this method is good.

Hi,are you able to passthrough hd audio like dolby truhd from your laptop?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back