Jamo Concert 11 aka Jamo D830

johny747

I've been driving the above speakers with Denon PMA 2000. Lacks the punch which I desire.
Anyone using these speakes, would like to know what amplifiers are you driving them with!
Thanks in advance

johny747, you have one of the best known audiophile speakers by Jamo which are not in the mega $ range.
I have heard an modified version of the Concert many years ago..was impressive

these are not easy speakers to drive, but when they are driven can give you very good sound...with Punch and more.

I do not know enough about the amp you are using...numbers like 80W are deceptive as this does not give the drivability of the amp across the frequency range. Lack of punch usually means that around the 80Hz and below is not getting the required SPL which could either be due to the room sucking this out or due to the amp not being able to drive it.

have the concert 809 ,also very difficult to drive,
The Amps which i found effective to drive them ( you need to go the Pre+power way)

Vincent SP331MK
Carver TFM 35X
Emotiva XPA-1 (mono blocks)
find the last one the best

rgrds

Thanks for your replies!
What I am facing is lack of punch! I once listened to D830/Krell 400Xi combination. However Krell is expensive for the time being(but worth your pennies).
I think a pre/power combination would be good. Any suggestions

Do audition for +30 mins when you do choose an amp..it is easy to fall for one which has more punch, but you also need to make sure that extended listening does not give you a Headache !

These are really nice speakers ! This and its older brother (the floor standing one) are the only ones which sounded good to me from the Jamo stable when I was speaker hunting some six years ago.

Lovely mids and highs although a bit too crispy in the higher notes for me. Dry and controlled lows are what you will get from this speaker. With the right amp, you can get punchy mid-bass.

Overall a really nice speaker !

This speaker is not definitely for the bass head though.

These are really nice speakers ! This and its older brother (the floor standing one) are the only ones which sounded good to me from the Jamo stable when I was speaker hunting some six years ago.

I thought the concert 11 is the floorstander and the 10 the standmount ?..its been ages since i heard/saw them so could be wrong

I thought the concert 11 is the floorstander and the 10 the standmount ?..its been ages since i heard/saw them so could be wrong

Yes, I think you are right. A quick google search for concert11 returned images of the floorstander :)

Even I do not remember the exact names. It has been quite a while. The newer models never interested me.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back