Jamo S426 HCS3 with pioneer VSX 323

paimpozhil

Hi All,

I m not a big audio enthusiasist,
I just need a audio setup/av receiver to work with my projector .

usage is mostly 80% movies/20% music.

My room is 10.5*16, out of which may be just 120 sqft is usable.

I was thinking to get Pioneer VSX 323k for about 16k ( from Snapdeal ) and Jamo s426 hcs3 for about 20k from Reliance digital Madurai

Are they good deals or possible to get them even cheaper?.

Earlier I was also considering Yamaha YHT 299 and Onkyo HTS 4505.

My budget is over all 40k.

I can get YHT 299 for 36k / Onkyo 4505 for 35.5k from Madurai, Tamilnadu.

Also I saw Denon Htib x500 for 42k

So how does the Jamo s426 compare to the speakers provided with the above mentioned yamaha / onkyo?

I just want the best bang for the buck/ and want a decent system that i will not spend time/money in future to upgrade atleast next few years.

I saw quite a bit of posts that recommended to get a receiver + bookshelf then add surround/front/sub woofers later , I dont think i wll have time to do this slowly, I want to setup this quickly and start watching movies.

I donot think jamo hcs s426 includes a sub woofer at that price point as sub 200 of jamo is more than 16k. So u would be missing out on the real bass effects required for movies as 426 towers are budget speakers and do not go that low. If u are ready to add a sub at later date then it is ok.

Otherwise go for the other pre packaged stuff from Yamaha,Onkyo etc given your preferences on budget, immediate need for a full movie effect without going the gradual upgradation way. Search the forum for the feedback on the models mentioned by you as these are popular entry level models and there are enough discussions on them.

But listen and decide on what pleases you. Of course do your homework on specifications etc from the web site of the companies. Prefer a system with an active sub as tommorrow you can always upgrade to a better sub as many in the forum get bitten by the upgradation bug as they proceed.

Ordered a Yamaha YHT 299. Thank you :)

Hopefully I can use this for sometime then pass the speakers to someone and upgrade speakers if I feel it is not good enough.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back