Jamo Vs Polk

Hi All,

I have narrowed down my FS search to Polk TSX330T and Jamo S426. I took audition of both of them and found not much of a difference. Though Polk was a bit too bright and boomy while Jamo was low on bass but otherwise very pleasant. Specs wise is there anything that I should consider? Jamo FS is discontinued elsewhere but does that matter?

Thanks,
Sridhar

Hi All,

I have narrowed down my FS search to Polk TSX330T and Jamo S426. I took audition of both of them and found not much of a difference. Though Polk was a bit too bright and boomy while Jamo was low on bass but otherwise very pleasant. Specs wise is there anything that I should consider? Jamo FS is discontinued elsewhere but does that matter?

Thanks,
Sridhar

If it is for movies > music, dont look anything other than polk .It is more vfm.If it is for music > then u can look other speakers like qacoustics2020i. Jamo not so good .Dali zensors also good but costly. 50k+ for FS.

I think you should consider the Pioneer SP-FS52
They are in the 23k range and have been rated very well.

Polk have this reputation for overwhelming bass. Which works well for movies but not necessarily for music

Pioneer's has no such overbearing trait

You can also explore the Boston Acoustics A250. Which is selling on hifimart.com for about 28k. I listened to the bigger A360s and they were very nice
(You can take the reviews for the bigger A360s as a sort of proxy for the A250s)

Hi

There are a lot of speakers available in the market....you need to trust your ears to decide which one will appeal to you in performance, appearance and budget....depending on the specs of your AVR /AMP, you need to choose speakers which can play across all or almost all frequencies between 20hz -20khz....and have spl values more than 88db.....

With the festive season around the corner, i am sure there would be good discount offers available....you need to audition as many as possible and decide...all the best.

Thanks All...my use would be more of music. I was planning BA 250 but could not find a place to audition so help with that would be appreciated (bangalore ). Did not consider pioneer seriously as I assumed they would not stand a chance against the mentioned ones but yeah guess I might be corrected.

As said between listening the both Jamo sounded better. Did not see the festival offers just the 10% discount.

If music is your first choice, then go for Dali,Qacoustics,Wharfedale,Tannoy,BA(least choice),NO Polk.
Please specify you max. budget?

New speakers, you are limited to only a couple of choices in that budget. 30k is a lot of money, so make sure you like what you buy. Else increase budget. Or maybe consider bookshelves. There are much more choices in that price range

Hi Karthik
Would appreciate your views on the Wharfedale Diamond 10.5 / 10.7 if you could throw some light. How do they compare with Jamo C607?
Any suggested Stereo Amp to go with them? My requirement is essentially music.
Many thanks!

Thanks again all.

Planning to use the speakers for sometime without Sub so opting for FS and not BS. Would like the extra bass FS provide.

So only Pioneer left for my audition. Reading very good reviews about it. Might be the Jamo s426 or Pioneer FS52.

Tempted to audition Jamo s428 which is close to 30k range but not much reviews on that. Would it make a difference to pay 32 for Jamo or stick to Pioneer?

Thanks!

Took audition for Pioneer today morning. Was disappointing. Guess they muddled up by pairing with an underpowered Pioneer avr. Was ok for movies but music did not impress me much.

So back to square one. Will audition the polk and Jamo once more and go with my impulse.

I hope you know that the JAMO S426 HCS 3 is available below 30k(5 speakers) that means you dont need to look out for center and surrounds separately. A dealer in mumbai offered S426 HCS 3 for 26000/-. You can always add a subwoofer later. I myself use polk tsx-110 bookshelf speakers and find them very good for music too. I had heard the Jamo S426 HCS 3 + SUB 260. Which was a very good pair. I would have gone in for jamo surely but since i did not have the space for FS i could not go in for that one. Ask your dealer about this.

I checked out the Arcam A19 amp. Planning to pair it with Monitor Audio BX6. Would appreciate any feedback/views on either.
Thanks!

where did you do the audition for fs-52? you can try taking your AVR to test them? For me as well, it sounded not so great during audition but did a wonder at home

Heard the Jamo's again and booked 426. 526 was tempting enough but went with initial choice.

@rayvonee - I already have a center and dont plan to expand to 5.1.

@Murlidher - It was DNI in Bellandur. fs-52 did not impress me much so did not want to risk it. And Jamo had won me over. Just went by what my ears preferred.

Congrats. I too did at dni only. I wasn't impressed either. But I still went ahead due to tremendous review I have read online and I could guess it can be also be some setting issue. Again there could be better speakers but to my budget it sounded perfect for me.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back