JBL Cinema BD100 Not recognising 3D TV

prashleo2006

Hello All,

I recently purchased a JBL Cinema BD100 Home theatre system (Blu ray 3D). I also own a Samsung 3D Plasma TV (51 Inch) (Model PS51E550D1R). My Player is connected directly through the HDMI Cable(1.4V with Ethernet and 3D Support) to the TV.

In that excitement of getting a new Home theater, i bought 3 Blu Ray Discs(3D). Now the problem I face is that the Disc once loaded says "Your Player is not able to recognise that it is connected to a 3D TV and the disc would play"
Also tried it by buying a new HDMI cable(no Ethernet support) if it will work, again same message. :rolleyes:

Uff. Each Disc costed me 1500 Rupees. :mad: I am not able to watch any of the discs.

Again the firmware of the TV is upto date. For the player, I connected it through Lan and tried doing a firmware update, and the message came in as it is upto date (but the JBL wesbite is down for India for a long time, so i am not sure if the update is happening properly)

Can someone help me please. Guess i have put in all the specs needed. Please let me know if something is missing here. I have done research in some many websites but nothing worked for me until Now.

Hoping to get a solution here. Thanks Guys!

Dude why don't you hire any professional to do this all stuff. Because it is very risky to help you out on here. Or as your wish all the best and have fun :)

Dude why don't you hire any professional to do this all stuff. Because it is very risky to help you out on here. Or as your wish all the best and have fun :)

a professional to connect BDP to TV ? seriously ? what are forums for ?

Must read that manual book which you got while buying HT. Or Arvindrao I am also agree with you!

reading manual is very good practise however to do simple tasks connecting BDP to TV a doubt a pro is needed..

Hello All,

I recently purchased a JBL Cinema BD100 Home theatre system (Blu ray 3D). I also own a Samsung 3D Plasma TV (51 Inch) (Model PS51E550D1R). My Player is connected directly through the HDMI Cable(1.4V with Ethernet and 3D Support) to the TV.

In that excitement of getting a new Home theater, i bought 3 Blu Ray Discs(3D). Now the problem I face is that the Disc once loaded says "Your Player is not able to recognise that it is connected to a 3D TV and the disc would play"
Also tried it by buying a new HDMI cable(no Ethernet support) if it will work, again same message. :rolleyes:

Uff. Each Disc costed me 1500 Rupees. :mad: I am not able to watch any of the discs.

Again the firmware of the TV is upto date. For the player, I connected it through Lan and tried doing a firmware update, and the message came in as it is upto date (but the JBL wesbite is down for India for a long time, so i am not sure if the update is happening properly)

Can someone help me please. Guess i have put in all the specs needed. Please let me know if something is missing here. I have done research in some many websites but nothing worked for me until Now.

Hoping to get a solution here. Thanks Guys!

welcome to the forum...

now for your query....

TV : states Full HD plasma however on samsung websites the specs as below:

Video
51 inch
1024 x 1080 Resolution
Real Black available
Clear Image Panel available
Wide Colour Enhancer available
600Hz Subfield Motion available
Digital Noise Filter available

this might be just for the PC though. TV is 2012 model.

try switching between HDMI ports and see if it works. what HDMi cable are you using.
cant you post the manufacturer or pic of the cable.

TV is 3D capable and the HT is too. only weak link seems to be the HDMi cable.
these days HDMI ports are marked at the rear and one of the HDMI is dedicatefor PC/MHL use.
avoid that port and try other ones.it should work.

also try playing a normal 2D movie else download 3d demo clips and play them through the USB and see if it works.

Last edited:
Hello theironhorse,

Thank you so much for your reply. I was under the impression that I will get an intimation through email when someone answers my query. But nothing of that sort happened. After a long time I was looking for answers on how to sort out this issue and got to know that you replied to it. Thanks much for taking time to reply me.

Now coming to the issue again, I don't have the picture of the cable but here is the link to the one i bought.

High Speed HDMI v.1.4 Standard Cable (1.5Mtr) | iBall

coming to the second question, there is no problem in playing normal blu rays, they just work perfectly. Only issue is with 3d bluray. :sad:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back