JBL L100 classic owners

I just realized that JBL re-released these ... very interesting!
Will be watching this thread for more news on these speakers.

Harman-JBL-L100_BLK_Pair_Hero_RT-1605x1605px.png

just came across this long term feedback on L100 classic

L100 vs Heresy 4

I was about to post the same. Watched it yesterday. Didn‘t come across as the most unbiased comparison though. But these two speakers seem positioned exactly opposite each other as two classic speakers could be!

Aren‘t we seeing a revival of classic/heritage speakers with most manufacturers in the last 1-2 years? Wonder what may be causing it? Is it a logical follow up of the vinyl revival?

Last edited by a moderator:
The outer cosmetic appearence and name is similar and not the drivers. Compare the woofer, in newly launched l100, woofer is massive mimicing a subwoofer with huge magnet. Dont have info about midrange. Tweeter is Titanioum and very high end compares to older one.

It was purchased 5-6 years from BBW Distrbutors, Delhi. They had on line website also,The Audio.co.

It is very hard to get these now. I know a dealer in Chandigarh who had these but his asking price is 2-3 times the price I purchased for.
What was the price?

That's a really reasonable price! Can you give me the online link of the Delhi based company?
This price was 5-6 years back when I purchased the speakers. It is not available with Delhi dealer now.

It was available with a chandigarh dealer but he was demanding 1.25 plus when I enquired couple of months back.

This price was 5-6 years back when I purchased the speakers. It is not available with Delhi dealer now.

It is available with a chandigarh dealer but he is demanding 1.25 plus when I enquired couple of months back.

How was the sound quality of these speakers?

How was the sound quality of these speakers?
They sound amazing to me. As far as I know 4312e drivers are no different than Jbl L100,just a differece in bass driver, L100 bass driver has more excursion, Crossover is updated, they spend more money on the cabinet and aesthetics
Not For the 'BASS' folks, they'd prefer a different speaker

Crystal clear vocals, there was thickness in strings & high notes, Open sounding too. They shine more with better quality amplification.

So for me at that time @60k was a steal price. To me it was even worth double the price.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back