JBL Studio L890 or L880 vs Yamah NS series

SonomaComa

I was wondering about the difference between the JBL Studio L880 and Studio L890 Speakers,
JBL Home Theater Speakers, Computer Speakers, Soundbars, Floor Standing, Center Channels
and the Yamaha NS-555 and NS-777
NS-777 - Home Speaker Systems - Speakers - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States
Has anybody heard them? I have only heard the Yamaha NS-777's and they sounded great. But they are Big speakers, real bruisers. And the Yamaha are listed as Home Theater Speakers. That is what I am really looking for.
Does anybody know about the JBL L Series speakers?

i owned the studio L890 speakers and demoed the L880's as well. the 890's have an extra woofer so if you have a large room then the 890's score over the 880's. apart from that the speakers were very good. very detailed, tight bass, clear and forward mids, sweet highs, good sound separation, extremely powerful. doesnt need huge amp to drive it unless you really blast it.

i then sold them and purchased the monitor audio rs6. they were a slight cut above in every aspect (expect perhaps the bass). one area where there was quite a bit of improvement was that the ma's were more musical. though i must say the 890's didnt lag behind too much. extremely good for hard rock

all in all imo you shouldnt limit yourself to just the jbl and yamaha's you've listed. listen to the monitor audio silver series. arguably the best in its price range.

Hey thanks for the insight. How is everything with those speakers now, do you still like the Monitors better than the JBL's? I like all kinds of music but
I do listen to Hard Rock louder than other music. How do the Monitor Silver series sound for that?

the monitors are slightly better in every aspect. and definitely more musical. the ma is a very neutral speaker and does well on most genres of music including rock. but be careful on what amp you pair it with. the nad for eg is a warmer sounding amp and a little mellow on the bass and doesnt sound the best for hard rock. but does well for folk, alternative rock, unplugged etc etc

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back