Jio STB surround sound issue

amit.ishu

I have connected Jio STB to Yamaha yht 299 via hdmi and did audio setting in stb also.
But still I am not getting 5.1 sound.
Does Jio STB support 5.1 sound ? Or am I missing some setting ?
STB shows various sound format , I selected all but still nit getting 5.1 sound.

I don't use Jio STB but can suggest you to check the audio settings in STB whether the output is set to Surround or Stereo mode, you need to select Surround. This way the STB will feed 5.1 or multi surround instead of mono or stereo. SD channels does not support 5.1 only HD channels. You could check Star movies for a demonstration.

Hope it helps!!!

I already set the sound setting to DD 5.1 and also check Star plus and Star Movies HD channel , still i m getting pcm sound not DD 5.1

What I understand is that the avr indicates pcm. I do not know about the Jio STB settings. Check if there is a setting in the STB to allow sound to pass through. Typically, if we set the source to pass-through and allow the AVR to process the sound, then we get Dolby et al.

What I understand is that the avr indicates pcm. I do not know about the Jio STB settings. Check if there is a setting in the STB to allow sound to pass through. Typically, if we set the source to pass-through and allow the AVR to process the sound, then we get Dolby et al.
There is only two setting one is System Sound and other is Surround Sound, I set Surround Sound On, still getting PCM , Human Voice coming from L left and right speaker not from center Speaker

Is there a way to check the content that you are playing on your Jio STB is Dolby/DTH?
I have Yamaha YHT-299 , it shows sound format of playing video. Previously I was using Videocon D2H and Home Theater showing it correctly. It seems JIO STB issue.

Attached is screen shot of sound settind

Well these pages show how the a particular format is to be decoded but see if you have other settings to show how the sound is passed over through HDMI. It should have some options like stereo/pcm or surround/dolby/bitstream/passthrough. As I do not have a Jio stb so cannot check the same.

Unless the settings that controls the audio format is identified, we can only imagine, this is a limitation with Jio STB at the moment. Your best shot is to talk with customer care and find out the settings.

Well as the tatasky and the airtel hd boxes have these settings so i guess this should be available in the Jio STB. Further he is connecting the STB directly to the AVR so he should be able to have Surround Sound. Let's see what the Jio Customer care advises.

Well yesterday had a chance to inspect the Jio STB. I could not find the audio settings in the Menu though there is an optical audio out in the box

Hi, I am using Jio stb since 3 months. But my connections are not through AVR. I have connected the TV to STB through HDMI. My audio connection between the TV and AVR is via optical cable. So on my Denon AVR display i get the option of Stereo, Multichannel stereo, PLC II, Virtual, Mono. Perhaps my connections are not optimized for the stb. Whereas my other devices of BDP and Mi streamer are through HDMI.

Guys I’ve same problem I’ve connected jio STB directly to my Sony AVR and AVR still shows PCM audio no matter what setting I use. I also tried connecting jio STB to AVR through toslink optical connection still no luck AVR is showing 2ch PCM and no setting for pass through on STB.

Hey guys. Finally update on this issue. This problem is with apps on Jio STB no other hardware or software problem. As Amazon Prime app is made available on Jio STB I quickly got the subscription and found out this app is supporting Dolby Digital Plus my In UI it shows titles with 5.1 but my AVR verified the signal to be a DD+ 5.1 signal. Late but finally they put out some sort of real surround sound format tho only for 5.1.

I have been informed that there has been a firmware update to the Jio STB and now it has an audio settings menu item through which the surround sound mode can be selected. Hope this will solve the issues other FMs are having.

@Darkweb650 did you need to change setting on jio stb to get audio output on speaker?
I have jio syb, tv and boat soundbar. Tv is connected to stb with hdmi cable. Connected stb and boat with optical cable. Chosen speaker on tv as external speaker. Sound is not coming on boat speaker yet. i could not figure out setting on jio stb to divert audio .

I have Yamaha YHT-299 , it shows sound format of playing video. Previously I was using Videocon D2H and Home Theater showing it correctly. It seems JIO STB issue.
Mr. Amit Ishu
I am also having Videocon D2H STB, there is option for normal audio and 5.1 audio, but when I select 5.1 audio from STB then there is no audio output in TV, kindly help me I have MI 43A TV..

Thanks
Dharmendrasinh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back