JioCinema - Pathetic Streaming of Fifa World Cup 2022

Miany

Friends,

What a pathetic streaming service this turned out to be? I was all set to watch the grand opening ceremony and the first match in 4K in all its glory, along with my family. Turned out to be a nightmare with a lots of buffering and dropouts... luckily i had Sports 18 HD in my TV setup and was able to watch the match.

Why are they giving it for FREE if they are not able to accommodate the load? Hopefully they will resolve it before the next match...

Please share your experience and any workarounds that you could apply to get a smoother streaming experience...

Thanks,
Miany

I stopped using DTH/cable long back. Total dependence on streaming or downloading!
Tried best to be patient with 2 sec on 10sec off kind of stream. Gave up after missing the first goal. Frustrating.

Friends,

What a pathetic streaming service this turned out to be? I was all set to watch the grand opening ceremony and the first match in 4K in all its glory, along with my family. Turned out to be a nightmare with a lots of buffering and dropouts... luckily i had Sports 18 HD in my TV setup and was able to watch the match.

Why are they giving it for FREE if they are not able to accommodate the load? Hopefully they will resolve it before the next match...

Please share your experience and any workarounds that you could apply to get a smoother streaming experience...

Thanks,
Miany
Yes. The commentary had stuttering too, half the time. Eventually I muted the volume. Given that many of us (myself including) don’t have set-top boxes anymore, one fervently hopes Jio is able to get their act right and soon.

It was horrendous. After trying every possible hack, finally watched the match on a computer with my tv as a second monitor. No built in app available, tv browser did not play the video, firestick app did not show the stream....

MaSh

For live sports, DTH/Cable is still the way in this part of the world. The amount of infrastructure required to support a 4K/50FPS stream will cost a ton of money to the provider and will be passed down to the subscriber. No way one can offer this kind of service for free or for couple hundred rupees.

FiD5E-PaEAAiaEJ.jpeg.jpg
Courtesy : Twitter

It was horrendous. After trying every possible hack, finally watched the match on a computer with my tv as a second monitor. No built in app available, tv browser did not play the video, firestick app did not show the stream....

MaSh
My browser (PC) was not playing video. Only a cove rimage and no audio. WHich Browser/Network were you using?

MaSh
Apple TV has a Jio Cinema app. Except the intermittent stuttering in the commentary, it wasn’t all that bad to watch.

I am so happy that I didnt throw my tata Sky settop box. Got it dusted. Recharged for Rs. 180 and now one month of hassle avoided. The transmission is really good in Sports 18 HD.

The jiocienema in Hindi is much better than English. I heard you can watch it via Voot (MTV HD) not sure it will be any better.

My browser (PC) was not playing video. Only a cove rimage and no audio. WHich Browser/Network were you using?
Oh. I used Firefox and brave on Airtel broadband. Played well with very less stuttering.
Apple TV has a Jio Cinema app. Except the intermittent stuttering in the commentary, it wasn’t all that bad to watch.
Oh that's interesting. Firestick too has the app but i couldn't update the app beyond 1.5.1 and the latest i could see was the opening ceremony.

MaSh

For live sports, DTH/Cable is still the way in this part of the world. The amount of infrastructure required to support a 4K/50FPS stream will cost a ton of money to the provider and will be passed down to the subscriber. No way one can offer this kind of service for free or for couple hundred rupees.

View attachment 73236
Courtesy : Twitter
Thanks for the heads up. I should still have my set top box somewhere. Nice to know there is still life in the old dog 😜😜

Surprisingly the browser on the lg tv is working perfectly today. Lg does not have jio cinema app on its app portal.

MaSh

After facing the same problem today also, by the following method, I have been able to watch the Eng vs Iran match since the last 15 minutes uninterrupted!
Click on the camera icon on the upper right hand corner. The default will be e 'Main Camera Feed'. Change it to 'Extended Stadium Feed'.
I have a 100 Mbps connection which is routed to the MI-Box 4k through Wi-Fi.

Installed the FIFA+ app on my Sony TV. Now to see how good it is. Match highlights were pretty good. Jio Cinema app is available too.

Installed Jio Cinema on Amazon Fire Stick, For me , video quality was set as Auto, I did had some stutter , but overall it went quite good. Looking forward unless see some more glitches.

On day-1 there was some buffering so I turned on the TV and watched the match the old way. However on day-2 everything was perfect. I am not using the app, I am watching at JioCinema.com

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back