Just finished a DIY speaker

lifewater

Dear Friends,

Since yesterday was a Sunday and I had nothing to do, sat down to built myself a pair of fullrange speakers using a small 4" philips driver and 10" fullrange driver of unknown brand both of which were salvaged from different stereo sets junked by some of our Tea Estate managers who left after retirement.

Nothing great in the looks department as it is not yet complete but the sound --- it is a different ball game altogether. The mids are warm on your face but mind you not P.A. type and the highes are sweet and fatigue free bass is there but not by the bucketloads sweet tuneful bass.

No specific calculations were done for the enclosures as no T/S parameters were available but maybe I am lucky just to arrive at the suggested box volume / baffle size by fluke.

Used a DENON PMS 520 amplifier and my laptop running foobar2000. Some more finishing to be done. No crossover used at all.

Posting some pics of the amp and the speakers

Last edited:
Cool...

How you have arrived at the enclosure size...without the specs..as it is unknown...driver...

But the look is great...i mean finish.

Also please post pictures of the making of the cabinet...

NT

Cool...

How you have arrived at the enclosure size...without the specs..as it is unknown...driver...

But the look is great...i mean finish.

Also please post pictures of the making of the cabinet...

NT

Just by fluke .. stroke of luck maybe, I had a sheet of MDF (19mm) 8' X 4' just did some calculations to get a pair of enclosures and out came my woodworking tools and the results are in front of you to see. Didnt click any pics of W.I.P. no time to do so also the paint was there lying around half of which was used somewhere else.

Thanks

lifewater

wow Lifewater so fast and neat ..

use diffuser or give approx 8 ft distance while using flash in camera you will get better pic . sanding and multilayers of paint job remainin

Nice work Lifewater. Keep it up.:clapping:

thanks captain. Note the amp

wow Lifewater so fast and neat ..

use diffuser or give approx 8 ft distance while using flash in camera you will get better pic . sanding and multilayers of paint job remainin

thank you very much kaushik. Your comments are lot of inspiration for me.

Hi,

The speaker looks good.

Open baffle mid, :thumbsup:

What are your crossover points?

Regards
Rajiv

Yes, I did.:) How is it playing?

Fantastic, specially after the bias adjustments and a thorough cleanup

Hi,

The speaker looks good.

Open baffle mid, :thumbsup:

What are your crossover points?

Regards
Rajiv

Hey Rajiv thanks, no crossovers used but I do have a design in mind, not very keen on it though due to the SQ I am getting now

Gr8 looking DIY. Congrats to you.

Thank you very much friend

OB mids and sealed lows, it's a very good combo you are putting to use in your project!

I would suggest using a first order low pass xover for the 10incher as cone breakups will kick in around 1KHz range. You can simulate various xover points with this foobar plugin - foo_dsp_xover

The OB 4 incher might need some baffle step correction as well. Here is a link - Difraction Loss / Baffle Step Compensation (BSC) Circuit Calculator

OB mids and sealed lows, it's a very good combo you are putting to use in your project!

I would suggest using a first order low pass xover for the 10incher as cone breakups will kick in around 1KHz range. You can simulate various xover points with this foobar plugin - foo_dsp_xover

The OB 4 incher might need some baffle step correction as well. Here is a link - Difraction Loss / Baffle Step Compensation (BSC) Circuit Calculator

Thank you antony, have downloaded the foobar plugin will try tomorrow.

Hi there Bhaiti
Great work there. Must have been quite a task but you make it sound so easy and simple. Keep it up, Bro.
Fond Regards

Thank you very much Dada. Presently using these with a LYRITA Integre 2 SQ --- mind blowing, plays very very loud and the details are awesome. Have been listening to it so much that my wife threatens to evict me from the house !!
Looks very neat :)

Thank you very much olly.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back