Just for reading interest - Panasonic's new flagship plasma model ZT65

actually, I will wait for 4K projectors that should be here in affordable range within two release cycles. I have my eyes set on JVC and Sony ES series.

will there be 4k plasmas or does the plasma dynasty end here?

I don't see that happening and the energy efficiency laws will make sure that it won't happen.Panasonic have confirmed that no more R&D is going to go towards plasma .4k lcd is the biggest threat to plasma in the large screen size category.

Samsung is in race with lg for OLED,so i don't think either manufacturer will launch a 4k plasma

Last edited:
Now common guys.

Whether it is sony 4k or oleds, it would take many tweaks and processing changes for them to eventually reach the PQ of ZT65. For that matter the leds cant even touch the long dead pioneer kuro plasmas,PQ wise.

One should see the HDTVtest review of ZT60. It says that some people could become emotional when they see the PQ of ZT60:licklips:

Did we hear to such statements in any of the reviews till date?
At-least I have'nt come across such reviews for the past 7 years.

It is not some people just the reviewer who said that emotional thing. I guess it's all overrated when you will have a chance to view it personally. If you watched the VE shootout his profile mentioned was interesting and no doubt of high caliber. But again we don't have calibrations, their environment and eyes.

Discussing a TV that we don't have access to and, if launched, will be ridiculously priced adds no value here.

It's a "for reading interest" thread so carry on but stop salivating based on some reviews posted elsewhere.

:beer:

I don't see that happening and the energy efficiency laws will make sure that it won't happen.Panasonic have confirmed that no more R&D is going to go towards plasma .4k lcd is the biggest threat to plasma in the large screen size category.

Samsung is in race with lg for OLED,so i don't think either manufacturer will launch a 4k plasma

Just like Samsung came from no where to give a big competition to Panasonic on the plasma front, I won't be surprised even if they come out with 4k plasma ... Though I own a panasonic plasma, I would still appreciate Samsung to keep Plasma alive and giving some hopes for plasma fans :). I some how get a feeling that they might even take the plasma to compete with OLED from other competitors until OLED becomes stable/mature.

It is not some people just the reviewer who said that emotional thing. I guess it's all overrated when you will have a chance to view it personally. If you watched the VE shootout his profile mentioned was interesting and no doubt of high caliber. But again we don't have calibrations, their environment and eyes.

Discussing a TV that we don't have access to and, if launched, will be ridiculously priced adds no value here.

It's a "for reading interest" thread so carry on but stop salivating based on some reviews posted elsewhere.

:beer:

:beer: I wouldn't care if it is not available in India. Given a chance someday I might get it from Malasia.
Btw this thread is about zt60 right?

You might not have much interest in PQ. Salivary glands are supposed to be very sensitive .
But anybody would salivate at such reviews. It is better to salivate when hearing about great PQ than to do the same for, offers on TVs.
You don't need to degrade review houses just because all of them are showering praises on zt60.

Everybody has a right to clean drinking water and good PQ.:beer:

Last edited:
I'll leave it for you to decide what you like and where you buy from but just jumping around like a kid seeing a flashy toy plane is meaningless. Don't just post based on other's review, you'll misguide many around here.

I have interest in PQ that why I've owned few well reviewed displays before packing them off.

Don't want to get in to "i am right" discussion, so peace out.

Btw, the ZT60 bubble has started to burst. You'll be happier with a VT60 if you are buying one.

BTW, if you could, would you buy this or go for the first gen 4K Sony Tvs at the same price :)

I would go for the Panasonic, I think the people who prefer LED TVs over plasma would be the ones interested in 4K LED TVs.

will there be 4k plasmas or does the plasma dynasty end here?

Panasonic launched a 4K 152 inch Plasma TV 2 years back or so and it is still listed in their website under the professional display section. It cost around 3.5 crore when it was launched :eek:

I'll leave it for you to decide what you like and where you buy from but just jumping around like a kid seeing a flashy toy plane is meaningless. Don't just post based on other's review, you'll misguide many around here.

I have interest in PQ that why I've owned few well reviewed displays before packing them off.

Don't want to get in to "i am right" discussion, so peace out.

Btw, the ZT60 bubble has started to burst. You'll be happier with a VT60 if you are buying one.

All the ones that I purchased till now were based on whathifi/cnet reviews. Whether it is a s360 or bdt220 or sc37 avr etc were bang on quality exactly as they said. I even played the same scenes on bd that they took as reference. Their reviews especially whathifi were very exact.
I changed 2 avrs 4 tvs 3 bdps etc just to experience what is called great picture and sound.
Excitement is infectious. First we need to get inspired by the reviews. Then hear to people like the ones in this forum to see if there are any hidden issues.
If you dont like a post then object to it with valid points or just move on to the next. Thats what all of us do here.
Dont decide what is to be posted on this forum and what emoticons one should use.
If you cant get excited at good PQ or have packed off some of the very best then that is purely your personal experience. You are not the center of this Universe. Dont misguide people here based on your experiences alone.
Dont spread your bad mood or preferences in this forum. Try to be jovial.
Finally please stop telling people when to salivate or urinate.:beer:

All the ones that I purchased till now were based on whathifi/cnet reviews. Whether it is a s360 or bdt220 or sc37 avr etc were bang on quality exactly as they said. I even played the same scenes on bd that they took as reference. Their reviews especially whathifi were very exact.
I changed 2 avrs 4 tvs 3 bdps etc just to experience what is called great picture and sound.
Excitement is infectious. First we need to get inspired by the reviews. Then hear to people like the ones in this forum to see if there are any hidden issues.
If you dont like a post then object to it with valid points or just move on to the next. Thats what all of us do here.
Dont decide what is to be posted on this forum and what emoticons one should use.
If you cant get excited at good PQ or have packed off some of the very best then that is purely your personal experience. You are not the center of this Universe. Dont misguide people here based on your experiences alone.
Dont spread your bad mood or preferences in this forum. Try to be jovial.
Finally please stop telling people when to salivate or urinate.:beer:

Okay. Our views will not be helpful here. I'll not convince you nor will you. Let's move on.

Whatshifi is just mostly a subjective opinion.They are also infuenced by the Ads in their magazine,i think there was discussion of this some years back in this forum.

But HDTVtest uk is by far the most respected site out there some in avsforum call it the bible of all review sites.But i only look for the objective data and make my own subjective analysis of a product.ofcourse if they mentioned some issues they noticed subjectively its better to read the full review,since some of the issues may be a deal breaker for some.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I would love to hear of your experiences on these models with reference to your comment quoted above? I don't quite understand it and would like to understand the issues better....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back