Just Pair of FLOORSTANDERS

nirmal_kumar

HI
This is my first post after becoming a member ... Firstly i am a newbie and i am on a dream run to build a decent home theater system that will be future proof for atleast 5 years...Before entering this forum , my choice of setup would be "" BOSE"" but after reading in a lot of reviews and listening to actual ""speakers"" was like a punch in my face..THANK GOD I DIDN'T WASTE MY MONEY ON BOSE...my budget is 1lakh...room size 17*22*11 { L*W*H } LISTENING STYLE 60% TV {AUX} 40 MUSIC/MOVIES...I LIKE BRIGHT AND DETAILED SOUND THAT CAN FILL UP MY ROOM EVEN AT LOW VOLUMES..i cant cash in the entire budget now so have decided to go just for the AVR AND FRONT FLOOR STANDERS.

1..FOR AVR I HAVE AUDITIONED DENON 1612 / ONKYO {FORGOT MODEL} ..FOUND DENON BETTER...BUT ONKYO features are too good to resist....

2. FS did audition Q ACOUSTICS 2000 SERIES...QUADRAL ...AND MORDAuNT SHORT AVIANO 6{{{ I LIKE}}......i am yet to audition wharfedale 9.5/9.6.jamo s426/c405/407..polk rti A5/A7..I need some experts/wellwisher's advice on this if i am making the right move with right gears.....THANKS:):)

I suggest Denon 1912 + Polk RTi A7, they match well and polk speakers are bright speakers.

You may also consider Monitor Audio, Paradigm, KEF Q700 speakers

Audition and decide

Try Denon 1911/12 and Paradigm Monitor 9 (series 7). If you can get hold of the outgoing 1911 with a discounted price of ~30k, your set-up (including wires et. al) will be `90k.

I recently bought this set-up.

Which AVR did you audition the aviano 6, and with which speakers did you audition the onkyo and denon avr s? also what features of onkyo appaeled to you which were absent in denon?

I think Avinao 6 is a pretty good fllorstander. I had auditioned it for my stereo set up with the CA 650 stereo amp and found it to be very good for the price, with deep tight bass and plenty of details. haisaikat from this forum has this paired with the denon 1911 receiver and is pretty happy with it. You can refer this thread for his experiences during the audition.

Other floorstander you can audition is KEF q500/q700 and focal 714v/716v. focal is a little lighter on bass but has plenty of details and is a little bright, with a very good soundstage.
Another FS which has very good reviews is Monitor Audio BX5, but I have personally not have had the chance to listen to it.

One more thing, you said that you will be using mostly with tv than with movies and music. in that case I think you can go with a slightly warmer set up like MA or MS, as the TV audio being more compressed than well recorded stereo or HiDef audio can make a bright set up sound even brighter.

Just my 2 cents...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back