Justin Bieber Live Concert : Lip Sync ?

drkrack

Is it common to have a lip sync for a live concert ?
I'd feel cheated rather insulted if I am a fan and who is played with lip sync instead of live singing.
With tickets costing more than 70k, you could instead setup a good stereo system for listening to a recorded songs.

https://qz.com/981810/justin-bieber...by-wearing-basketball-shorts-and-lip-syncing/

Excerpts :

Everything was going smoothly until the concert began and the singer began crooningwell, technically, the problem was that he*didnt*croon.

Fans eagerly awaiting Biebers biggest smash hits like Where Are You Now, Sorry, Boyfriend, Love Yourself*amid other popular tracks, were subject to a botched*lip-sync performance*for most of the night. Worse, it seemed he didnt even try to make his act believable. Comedian Ashish Shakya from the popular comedy group All India Bakchod (AIB) described one such moment in a Facebook note, saying, Bieber was wiping his face with a towel such that the towel covered his entire face, and the vocals just played on unchanged. (Shakyas post*in its entirety*is a recommended read to get a sense of how little Bieber seemed to care about the pretense.) Another comedian from AIB, Rohan Joshi,*jokingly called the event*Justin Biebers Bombay Dubsmash.

However, humor was not every downcast fans crutch. Many lashed out on Twitter, criticizing Biebers deadpan expression and*ghar ke kapde*(clothes worn at home). Fans whod traveled from afarfrom a different state evenwere*especially up in arms*about the debacle.

With tickets costing more than 70k, you could instead setup a good stereo system for listening to a recorded songs.
Very well said...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OMG! I can't believe it. People don't splurge or go to just see him lipsinking. It is implied that LIVE should be live only. It is not just outrageous but also nothing short of criminal breach of trust.

OT. Why Indian consumers are taken for granted?
I have watched Phil Collins' Paris concert 2004 on youtube. Just try it, then one can understand why people go for live concert. I have downloaded it. I hardly listen to western music for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think its cheating and one should file case against organisers and justin..
Those with 5000 inr ticket even didn't get to see him..

reignofchaos, you have no idea how popular he is among teenage girls. Quite a few daughters of my friends came down from various parts of the country for the concert. Even though he lip synced and the girls were aware of it, they kept gushing about his performance. Some girls who are friends of my daughter and live in Mumbai actually booked rooms in the hotel he was staying in the hope they can meet him:)

Lip sync or no lip sync, it doesn't matter. Am sure all these girls will pay again to go and see him

Last edited:
I owe my life to Justin Bieber. I was in a coma and the nurse turned on the radio which was playing his song. I woke up and turned it off. Hats off to you, legend!

Nailed it :) or wait was it him !??

Well it's a most common practice and almost everyone does it including our Desi Singers,I have seen Sonu and such lip sync to their fav numbers,But atleast there they are honest and trying as best to keep up.

Lip sync or no lip sync, it doesn't matter. Am sure all these girls will pay again to go and see him

Absolutely,Hence they keep coming and keep looting us poor and gullible Indians (perhaps other too ??) !

Reason enough for me not to even think or bother about any of these............, Will use the money instead to buy a whole of... which will actually make music come alive as opposed a Live which seems dead,The mother of all Ironies !!

I can't understand what the big deal is about this. Lots of artists have. Shakira MJ Britney Spears, Beyonc Mariah Carey to name a few.

And about taste in music. It's a personal choice. We have some characters who listen to music from 1930 where there is actually no music, just one old man trying to sing with some flute or sitar in the background. Is that music? To each his own taste.

Some people on this very forum have paid tens of thousands of rupees for one lp. ONE lp. But u didn't see the Justin beiber fans take to social media and make fun of us. Who pays thousands of rupees for lps. Who buys amps and speakers for lacs. Huh. People with lot of money. And why not. If u got the money do as you please. 70 thousand for a ticket of beiber is not ok, but 20000 for a pair of speaker cables is ok and 15000 for a burning train lp is ok??

Everything was going smoothly until the concert began and the singer began crooningwell, technically, the problem was that he*didnt*croon.
Is it common to have a lip sync for a live concert ?
I'd feel cheated rather insulted if I am a fan and who is played with lip sync instead of live singing.
Many lashed out on Twitter, criticizing Biebers deadpan expression and*ghar ke kapde*

I think its cheating and one should file case against organisers and justin..
Those with 5000 inr ticket even didn't get to see him..

My problem is not that he lip-synched, but that he didn't even try to make the do look real. That his attitude sucked. How his attitude was going to be was evident from the speculated list of demands he had sent to the organizers.

Well, he is just a part of the problem. Organizers and the people paying to watch such dos are equally to blame. Fans can't be expected to be rational and organizers can't be blamed for being only interested in making money. At the end of the day it works well for all the 3 parties. Quality conscious people are in minority and hardly count.

Hi ranjeetrain

Most singers normally have a huge list of unreasonable demands. This even includes Bollywood singers. It's just that it normally doesn't come out in the open. They feel all these demands just add to their persona.

i think they should tell in the ads that they are going to lip sync, otherwise its cheating the fans...
what happens if someone sues, is it sustainable in a court....
if I lip sync to bieber's songs, can I call it a bieber concert and charge 70k. lol

Last edited:
Hi ranjeetrain

Most singers normally have a huge list of unreasonable demands. This even includes Bollywood singers. It's just that it normally doesn't come out in the open. They feel all these demands just add to their persona.

Prem, real stars also try to please their audience. Beyond please, they strive to wow them. I think that was missing in the concert.

I am not sure Ranjeetrain. My daughter and her friends went for the concert. They also went for the Coldplay concert. While they all loved the Coldplay concert, they had stars in their eyes after the Bieber concert. They thought it was the greatest night. Even my other friends daughters felt the same way. For them the thrill was just seeing Bieber in flesh and blood.

The guys who are serious about music hated it but I guess Bieber doesn't make music for those guys:)

Biebers fans are willing to overlook all his faults and idiosyncrasies. So who are we to complain?:)

Last edited:
This is not exactly Richie Blackmore or David Gilmore !!

Lip sync is actually part and parcel of many mainstream pop live performances. It is supposed to be an overall entertainment package wherein the experience is supposed to be of the highest calibre for the people who are fans of that pop artist. Usually, while lip sync is going on in parts of any song, they add value by showcasing other type of pyrotechnics / dance etc.. to raise the value of the overall experience. Many pop artists of the past have actually done it successfully.

In this case, apparently everything was done in bad taste. The overall experience for his fans was down the pits. His attitude was also bad. It shows the overall dynamics and attitude in the trash pop industry.

Last edited:
I am not sure Ranjeetrain. My daughter and her friends went for the concert. They also went for the Coldplay concert. While they all loved the Coldplay concert, they had stars in their eyes after the Bieber concert. They thought it was the greatest night. Even my other friends daughters felt the same way. For them the thrill was just seeing Bieber in flesh and blood.

The guys who are serious about music hated it but I guess Bieber doesn't make music for those guys:)

Biebers fans are willing to overlook all his faults and idiosyncrasies. So who are we to complain?:)

You are not saying anything different from what I said, Prem. I didn't single out Bieber for anything either.

Bollywood artists also lip-sync. Musical night are organised every year in our Club and we notice that even after taking lakhs of rupees, some of these artists very cleverly dupe us by Lip-sync only. It is clearly noticeable by actions of the drummer. Point is, are these international artists able to get away by lip-sync in US or European countries also? Or is it once again, the clever Indian businessmen have duped the Indian public in connivance with the artist!

If u go for say sonu nigam live concert and if he lip sync do u think any point in going to concert? We go there to see them singing live. We don't go to see them dancing to the already recorded tracks..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back