Kali Reclocker available on Amazon India

amit_s

I came across reclocker while through various internet forums. It can benefit all those who are using i2s devices with raspberry pi e.g. Hifiberry digi+ or Hifiberry dac. Allo is a company producing Kali reclocker (has been talked about a lot in various forums) .It has its production unit in Banglore India. After exchange of few emails they told me that they can ship the product from Banglore and accept the payment in INR. This will save on shipping and customs. On seeing interest in Indian customers they have put there products in Amazon India. I have already placed their first order through Amazon and they dispatched it the same day. Now waiting for its arrival.
Overall a good news for hifi lovers in India!

Oh this sounds exciting. Can this be used along with digi+?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

I was told that digi+ has jitter of 50ps and raspberry pi has 200ps. Kali will reduce jitter of raspberry pi to 3ps but digi+ induced jitter will not be effected. So overall jitter will reduced from 250 ps to 53 ps

Okay so how is it connected? Does it sit on the pi and then digi on it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

yeah it will be sandwiched between pi and digi+ through 40 pin IO. you dont need to power rpi, it can take power from reclocker by changing jumper settings.

you can also order low noise 5v power supply for reclocker. Allo is selling that as well on amazon.

Is there any similar reclocker available which takes input as optical and output also optical.

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

Yeah i know one for spdif, its by wyred4sound i guess named remedy. But its expensive $399.

Yes..i had also read about it. Very expensive just for a reclocker. Better to get a Schiit DAC for that price.

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

I guess this is no longer available? Funny that Kali is not widely promoted:sad:

MaSh

It has just been launched in august this year. Also, there r very limited users of rpi i2s out ... but i2s usage is growing because of its cost effectiveness.

Oh this sounds exciting. Can this be used along with digi+?

Yeah i asked the same question from its sales person and the answer was yes.

This is good to know! I was under the impression that the Kali Reclocker would not work with the Hifiberry Digi+ and the Dac+. Hifiberry probably got their driver ducks in a row recently, making the Digi+ compatible.

There's a thread at DIY Audio discussing the Kali: New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs - diyAudio

Did you order a Power Supply also? Apparently the Kali needs 5V/3A (and not the 5V/2.5A that the typical R Pi3 power supplies provide).

Do update with impressions once you get the Kali!

Yeah i had ordered power supply. I guess you can contact them directly via their website .. they have been selling outside Amazon also. When i contacted them their audio products were not on Amazon but seeing interest in indian users they started on Amazon.. it might be just a book keeping issue... You can recheck.

So what is this exactly?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

This should clear some doubts.

An I2S reclocker, and Kali is the first of its kind (at least for what Im concerned), basically takes the I2S Audio signal and reclocks it , and sends this jitter-free signal to the DAC connected via I2S. In simple terms, reclocker makes sure (in the nanoseconds domain) that every bit of your track is played exactly at the moment its meant to.

Source: ALLO KALI I2S RECLOCKER: A TRUE GAMECHANGER

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back