KEF LSX vs Music Hall a30.3 + KEFQ300

0verkilled

Hello All,

Thanks for choosing to reading this, sorry this is a bit lengthy.

I am more into simple setup, I play my music through digital sources - Phone (apple music - bluetooth), PC (USB) and TV (optical). Other than that I have an FM tuner.
Because of this a year back, I bought NAD D3020 paired with KEF Q300. There was no problem with this setup, however, one of my friends was travelling to UK so I ordered a Rotel RA11 and sold the NAD.

I suffer from a problem, and I am sure most of you can relate to it. I am traveling to US in Feb and feel like 'yahan thak aya hoon, kuch tho leke jaaunga!'. Thats why I need your advice on KEF LSX.

I currently live in a small space and will be moving to a slightly bigger one later this year - 12x18 feet.
I am not confident LSX would be able fill this room, however, lot of reviews I have read say otherwise. Most importantly , the LSX looks gorgeous and clean and very easy to use. There are other active speakers but just dont appeal to me like KEF LS series. But..

I had Music Hall a25.2 amplifier before NAD and I absolutely loved it. I see that Music Hall has released a30.3 which comes with all digital + analog inputs and its 85wpc. I feel I will never upgrade (hope) once I buy it. With a30.3 I can always change the speakers and go for floorstanders down the line.

I am sorry if this is not articulated properly. May be I should keep the Rotel + Q300, there is no problem with it. Any advice from you will be very valuable

PS. LS50 wireless is out of my budget.
LSX is $1100
a30.3 is $1000

Apart from your work in US. Look around in that country forget audiofoolishness for few days. That might add more pleasant experience . Please dont mind.

Apart from your work in US. Look around in that country forget audiofoolishness for few days. That might add more pleasant experience . Please dont mind.
I agree, it’s just that I can order something online from here and pickup from hotel while leaving.

What kind of music do you listen to?
How do you listen? Casually or sitting down
I would stay with the preset setup and buy more music :)

Usually bollywod, Indian classical, British Invasion and 60s music and sometimes others like folk rock, movie soundtracks and Jazz.

I wanted to know if anyone has auditioned LSX and if it can handle songs like Making of Cyborg from Ghost in the Shell. From experience, I am feel Music Hall can handle anything you through at it.

I checked with Profx, they dont have KDF LSX for audition in Bangalore.

Im leaning towards a MH amp + speaker setup, I will put my current Rotel amp for sale and take it from there based on the responses.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back