Kef q300

senthil127

HI every one,
after a long wait , i got my kef q300 delivered today ,after a 2 hrs of installation process i connected it to yamaha A S500, via chord crimson vee and asus xonar essence stx as source . speaker cable is chord carnival silver
. i must say that as most of the forum members say it is one the brighter side
and bass is just adequate for music listening right now, hope it improves after running in . but its far better than what i auditioned with ( denon 720 int amp) at pro fx. audio quality is many miles better than what i used to listen ( BOSE WAVE cd player .

Last edited:
Congrats...

At that budget I've found them to be the best and they partner well with Yamaha too. The brightness should improve with burn in (not that I believe in it)... but I don't find them fatiguing even when listening to rock and metal for hours.

congratulations!

Kef q300s are one of the best speakers two own in its range.

Generally sound from the speakers improve after usage of 50 to 100 hrs.

Hi Senthil,

Congrats, KEF Q300 are the best for its budget. Im using Q300 with Marantz PM6004 played by NAD C525BEE and ROTEL RT-930AX Tuner. The audio quality was awesome. Happy to hear that the speaker get paired with Yamaha as well. Try the port bungs provided with the Q300, they will improve the sound quality.

HI every one,
after a long wait , i got my kef q300 delivered today ,after a 2 hrs of installation process i connected it to yamaha A S500, via chord crimson vee and asus xonar essence stx as source . speaker cable is chord carnival silver
. i must say that as most of the forum members say it is one the brighter side
and bass is just adequate for music listening right now, hope it improves after running in . but its far better than what i auditioned with ( denon 720 int amp) at pro fx. audio quality is many miles better than what i used to listen ( BOSE WAVE cd player .

Congrats Senthil,

Still KEFQ300 is my dream, But her par with Yammy seems to be the culprit for the bright side. I was not compromised with the word Bright warm before am testing my JBL's with Yammy,onkyo,kenwood and Nad.I can say JBL+Yammy on Bright side, JBL and Kenwood was Awesome and JBL+NAD is punchy, But i didnt like Onkyo and JBL combo anyways.

Am sure Kef also into some brighter side, So paring her with Marantz or Nad WOULD GIVE what actually you expected to own them:eek:hyeah:
This is my personal experience.

But your ears used to get the soothing music soon, until then Play and Play it onnnnn

Hi senthil
what was the maximum discount you got . What did you pay finally.....does profx charge separately for delivery installation etc?

. audio quality is many miles better than what i used to listen ( BOSE WAVE cd player .[/QUOTE]

Yes, This statement is correct and true, Otherwise KEF Q-300 is an average speaker, not an extra ordinary at that speaker's price point.

Last edited:
Hi Senthil,

Congrats, KEF Q300 are the best for its budget. Im using Q300 with Marantz PM6004 played by NAD C525BEE and ROTEL RT-930AX Tuner. The audio quality was awesome. Happy to hear that the speaker get paired with Yamaha as well. Try the port bungs provided with the Q300, they will improve the sound quality.

The port bungs rob the speakers dynamic sound qualities. I have now spent many hours listening to these speakers and I would not put the bungs in for ANY reason. In fact, I am confused why Kef would even consider the bungs since these speakers do not need any help in the bass department, once burned in. I am now a believer of burn in time.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back