KEF Q950 vs Klipsch RP-8000F vs Heco Aurora 1000

zorguz

Hello!
Can anyone help me to decide what floor-standing speakers should I get.
At the moment I'm thinking about these three KEF Q950 , Klipsch RP-8000F, Heco Aurora 1000
My room is ~215ft² (20m²) and mostly speakers will be used to listen to music (Youtube, Spotify) and watch movies.
I have read lots of information about these speakers, but unfortunately have no chance to listen to them in live, so it makes it harder to choose what is better. Maybe someone have some other thoughts what speakers would be better?
From the sound demos on youtube i think Klipsch RP-8000F has very high treble? Or am i missing something? :D
Will be thankful for any suggestions.

Have listened to Kef Q950 and Klipsch RP-8000F and the klipsch were too bright for my liking while the Kef Q950 sounded nice with very good imaging and soundstage, forward mids and sparkly treble.

Hello!
Can anyone help me to decide what floor-standing speakers should I get.
At the moment I'm thinking about these three KEF Q950 , Klipsch RP-8000F, Heco Aurora 1000
My room is ~215ft² (20m²) and mostly speakers will be used to listen to music (Youtube, Spotify) and watch movies.
I have read lots of information about these speakers, but unfortunately have no chance to listen to them in live, so it makes it harder to choose what is better. Maybe someone have some other thoughts what speakers would be better?
From the sound demos on youtube i think Klipsch RP-8000F has very high treble? Or am i missing something? :D
Will be thankful for any suggestions.
The only and best thing to do always is, better to have a demo and decide for yourself, never let others tell you which one sounds good.
It is purely that individual's opinion, which you might also feel good or maybe not.
for example ..... @fLUX finds klipsch to be too bright, but for me, I feel they sound crisp and clear and not bright to my ears. So it depends totally on the individual. If you have an option to demo the speakers that you listed, then better have a demo of them and decide for yourself.
That being said, if you want to decide without doing a demo and have clarity on the confusion, then you can go for the one which is in your budget or the one which is cheaper than the other, because both KEF Q950 and Klipsch RP8000F are good, I have no idea about Heco Aurora 1000.
Yes, Klipsch has very high treble :) but like I said it depends on the the one hearing them whether its too much treble or not :)
My suggestion, Please do a demo and decide.
Cheers,
Aditya

The only and best thing to do always is, better to have a demo and decide for yourself, never let others tell you which one sounds good.
It is purely that individual's opinion, which you might also feel good or maybe not.
for example ..... @fLUX finds klipsch to be too bright, but for me, I feel they sound crisp and clear and not bright to my ears. So it depends totally on the individual. If you have an option to demo the speakers that you listed, then better have a demo of them and decide for yourself.
That being said, if you want to decide without doing a demo and have clarity on the confusion, then you can go for the one which is in your budget or the one which is cheaper than the other, because both KEF Q950 and Klipsch RP8000F are good, I have no idea about Heco Aurora 1000.
Yes, Klipsch has very high treble :) but like I said it depends on the the one hearing them whether its too much treble or not :)
My suggestion, Please do a demo and decide.
Cheers,
Aditya

Totally agree, nothing betters an actual in-person demo especially when you are spending a decent sum on the speakers. If there is absolutely no way you to demo, you will need to first understand your tastes in terms of the signature and then rely on a mixture of subjective opinions and probably objective measurements from ASR and the likes..

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have any chance to check out speaker sound in live session, all shops are closed and not sure if any even give chance to check them out before buying.
Maybe there are other speakers i should check that are good for modern music listening? Price limit 800 eur.
I like good bass and want something that can be listened to for long time without getting headache :D

I too liked the Q950 over the Klipsch. The imaging is spot on and I feel overall it adds a lot of weight and sings very well. Some say KEF is not everybody’s cup or tea but for me, it was very nice. I could listen to them for a long time and enjoy all the genres of music. Especially when I listened to some bass heavy tracks I loved it.
those speakers are pretty huge and I feel they will do very well in large spaces but if the listening space is small/medium i feel one has to invest a bit on acoustic treatment to house them. If it’s a small/medium room, I would recommend the R3 instead. Those Baby Kef’s can trump some of the Floor Standers hands down.

Regards,
Som

+1 for Q950. Wholesome bass and the concentric KEF drivers are an imaging champ. They are fairly efficient too. They also scale well with amplifiers. I have heard them play decent with an old Yamaha AVR and sound fantastic with a Denon PMA 2500NE. The sound signature is overall very slightly warm and the highs are not bright by anybody's measure.
Keep in mind though, they are positioned as home theater speakers by KEF, great dynamics and slightly boosted treble. If you are looking for audiophile musical nuances, this one's may not be for you. However, they are plenty fun for music listening and I quite enjoy them.
As always, if you cannot audition them, zero down on the ones you can.

What do you think about these: POLK AUDIO SIGNATURE S60E, WHARFEDALE EVO 4.4, DALI OBERON 9 ?
It's so hard to decide, but there is no way i can get to listen to them without buying them :/

Polk: Have not listened
Evo 4.4: Absolutely love them! Biased as well because I am an existing Wharfe owner
Dali: Have not listened

What do you think about these: POLK AUDIO SIGNATURE S60E, WHARFEDALE EVO 4.4, DALI OBERON 9 ?
It's so hard to decide, but there is no way i can get to listen to them without buying them :/
One thing I would like to say about Polk signature series - Stay Away if you love your music. It will work for Movies but not really for music. The bass is very hollow, the treble is boosted. I felt it colours the music a lot. You can actually look at the RTI series. I found it better than their signature series.

I have heard the Polk Audio S60. Was demoing them with Fourplay for a friend. Did not like them much. Liked the KEFs a lot better.

I too prefer the KEF over the Klipsch. Klipsch is too bright for my taste. Wharfedale Evo 4.4 is also an excellent speaker and the most beautiful among them too

Unfortunately I don't have any chance to check out speaker sound in live session, all shops are closed and not sure if any even give chance to check them out before buying.
Maybe there are other speakers i should check that are good for modern music listening? Price limit 800 eur.
I like good bass and want something that can be listened to for long time without getting headache :D
In that case I suggest wait until the shops are open and do a demo ... you waited all these days anyway so maybe a few days more :)
Yeah, there are good ones and our seniors will suggest some really good ones, I have no idea about any of the speakers brands :D
Check the speakers and the one that comes in your budget dont have the good bass that you need ... you can always add a sub in future to keep your budget low and get the experience that you want. However everyone here might not support my statement about adding the sub, but just my idea considering your budget and the given situation.

Cheers
Aditya

Thank you all for your suggestions.
I have decided to go with Wharfedale Evo 4.4 they look nice, they have good reviews, they don't have sharp treble and they have decent bass - that's what I want. And in the future, indeed I can add more bass with a sub-woofer.
Next question - what receiver should I buy for them? Should I bi-amp them?

Recently Triangle Borea BR08 is on classified section along with Roksan K3 may make a great stereo pair. Have not auditioned Triangle but had auditioned Roksan within Jamo D590 speakers . Triangle Borea may within the same price bracket. I have auditioned KEF Q950 with Marantz SR6014 avr. It has good imaging, great details but little polite bass. Monitor Audio Bronze 6, currently discontinued , may also be the good option to consider.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
I have decided to go with Wharfedale Evo 4.4 they look nice, they have good reviews, they don't have sharp treble and they have decent bass - that's what I want. And in the future, indeed I can add more bass with a sub-woofer.
Next question - what receiver should I buy for them? Should I bi-amp them?
wait.. is this for HT or stereo? pls don't say both!

Back