Kerala Floods The worst one in the century pls help

Kannan_madhu

Kerala is undergoing the worst disaster in this century , heavy rain which is supposed to cease today is continuing ,many parts of kerala is underwater and people are stranded in upper floors and terrace of their houses airports are closed ,trains are stopped even national highway is closed , people are rescued and moved to safer relief shelters but just now heard that water entered few rescue shelters . Tourist places like munnar , vayanad is totally alienated .
Kindly help what ever way you can

It's sad that national media is almost ignoring it. Even my home's ground floor was under water yesterday.

National media has so many other "important" news.. Bollywood gossips, new movie releases and collection records etc.
CNN has covered the flood news. But for our media natural disaster like this is not in their priority.

National media has so many other "important" news.. Bollywood gossips, new movie releases and collection records etc.
CNN has covered the flood news. But for our media natural disaster like this is not in their priority.
It's sad that vajpayee's death happened yesterday. But that is no excuse of completely avoiding something of this magnitude. At the moment I am not in India and so all I could do was making sure my family and people I know were safe. While watching the news online, I noticed instead of staying passive there were several folks who were commenting "Kerala sink", Kerala should not be part of India and so on. Wtf, I really don't know what pleasure these a-holes were getting. Even TOI made a post saying it was our own fault. To say its untrue this amount of rain is unusual, even if we had the state of the art water sewage system, the same would have happened. Salute to Indian Navy by the way.

Now I feel its almost true that the far we are from Delhi, the far we are from the so called India.

Please do not read comments on websites etc..

On many issues.. People Make sick comments and they do not deserve your attention.

This must only strengthen our resolve that WE will NOT pass comments or judgment without knowing the facts.

As for me.. I am waiting for a day or two to see what best I can contribute apart from. Money.

I am sure people of India will rise to the occasion at the right time.

Please do not read comments on websites etc..

On many issues.. People Make sick comments and they do not deserve your attention.

This must only strengthen our resolve that WE will NOT pass comments or judgment without knowing the facts.

As for me.. I am waiting for a day or two to see what best I can contribute apart from. Money.

I am sure people of India will rise to the occasion at the right time.

"

"As for me.. I am waiting for a day or two to see what best I can contribute apart from. Money." - may be awareness about what's happening to wherever you know like fb communities, WhatsApp groups so on.

If you are in Chennai, you can donate relief materials at the following centers.

Naturals Lounge (South Boag Road, T Nagar), Bamboola (RA Puram), Shankar Netralaya Eye Hospital in Mandaveli, , Mallika Ceebros (Pycrofts Garden Road, Nungambakkam), Sunnyvale Apartments (Ayanavaram), and Spectrum Mall (Paper Mills Road, Perambur).

It's because Kerala people are brave and do not ask for flood relief like other states it's been ignored by national media. Imo Kerala is the most simplest state of the south and do not make noise. They only know to give rather than take. My mother was reminding me of the great ""99" era flood yesterday evening and is considered to be of the highest rainfall ever received on planet Earth in recorded history.

In the old days.. There was no social media like this to keep people's fingers occupied .

Therefore the fingers and hands and head was used for helping the self and the immediate community.

@Hari Iyer Please do not divide people based on state. To say that is to generalize an entire population of any given state. It is common from people to demonize or glorify entire populations just with identifying them based upon Caste, Religion and in this case geography.

In the old days.. There was no social media like this to keep people's fingers occupied .

Therefore the fingers and hands and head was used for helping the self and the immediate community.
Social media has played a vital role in disaster management people are effectively using whats app and facebook sending rescue requests and location coordinates , people have set aside their differences and they are sharing help requests , rescue numbers and people are acting upon it , people have stopped sharing political or religion related posts and all are helping each other youth is out helping affected people police, army, kseb ,and state machinery is working hard to rescue and relief so please don't make statements without knowing the fact .

i am in a relatively safe place but places two km from here is flood affected two camps are operating at school near my flat around 400 persons are there itself yesterday and today we have been there contributed money , food materials and clothing but they need many more supply's like kids cloths , diapers , sanitary napkins etc , many hospitals nearby are unoperational due to waterlogging.

It's because Kerala people are brave and do not ask for flood relief like other states it's been ignored by national media. Imo Kerala is the most simplest state of the south and do not make noise. They only know to give rather than take. My mother was reminding me of the great ""99" era flood yesterday evening and is considered to be of the highest rainfall ever received on planet Earth in recorded history.
In a disaster it's not about waiting for requests or formalities people should come forward and help
And do the affected people have to request the media to cover their issue ? I think rest of the india has not understood the gravity of the situation as no coverage is given i assume you are a person with malayalam or tamil back ground and can understand malayalam please watch asianet news in youtube

Social media has played a vital role in disaster management people are effectively using whats app and facebook sending rescue requests and location coordinates , people have set aside their differences and they are sharing help requests , rescue numbers and people are acting upon it , people have stopped sharing political or religion related posts and all are helping each other youth is out helping affected people police, army, kseb ,and state machinery is working hard to rescue and relief so please don't make statements without knowing the fact .

i am in a relatively safe place but places two km from here is flood affected two camps are operating at school near my flat around 400 persons are there itself yesterday and today we have been there contributed money , food materials and clothing but they need many more supply's like kids cloths , diapers , sanitary napkins etc , many hospitals nearby are unoperational due to waterlogging.

My post wasn't about relief efforts etc..

It is a comment on the apathy of the day especially in social media.

It we have different views on Benefits of social media .. That's just fine.. ..

Your post clearly mentions the heroic work done by local teams and rescue personnel.

My views don't have anything to do with religion or politics.

Both are not understood by me Which is why I associate with this forum... For music.

Best regards

https://donation.cmdrf.kerala.gov.in

paytm too introduced the option.

Lets concentrate to contribute rather than apportioning blame to satisfy our political beliefs. I am also from the affected area.

This is the time to use our huge population as a strength for the country
Even if every middle class family donates RS 100 there would be a huge huge amount collected which can help people affected by flood to atleast survive till things are back to normal

Kerala Association is organizing a camp at Ravindra Bharati Hyderabad, on 19th August from 9 AM to 10 PM to collect Donations / Articles for Kerala Flood effected areas.

Biscuits, Food Items, Candles, Match Boxes, Tooth Brushes, Mosquito Coils, Soaps, Children Clothes are accepted. The Association urged the people to do help at their level best.

At the local level where we are, friends were trying to organise some modest effort towards sending relief. Then someone shared a WhatsApp audio of some guy there on the ground saying those affected are very rich people and sending stuff like clothes and match boxes would make no sense. Though he did make the relevant point that post flood once waters receed lots of tradesmen would be needed to fix the plumbing , electricity etc.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back