Klipsch Vs Paradigm?

bpradhan

Hey

Im looking for 5.1 audio home theatre setup for movies as well as music. My viewing distance from the Tv is about 11 feet. I went around to a few stores here in mumbai and after talking to some dealers, was suggested the Klipsch RF62 but was unable to demo them as they are out of stock. At the same time i heard the Paradigm SE3 speakers at this store called 'the Shop'.

The paradigm package was
Left/Right - Paradigm SE3 (tower)
SC center
SE - Sub
Surround (back speakers) - ADD-190

RF62 vs SE3.

1. Firstly are there any other audio systems i should be looking at?
2. Are these 2 comparable? (do they fit in the same segment?)
3. Which one should i choose any suggestions?
4. Any other advice?

Thanks

Are they in the same price range? Are these the final two in your shortlist or you havent evaluated others?

They are almost in the same price range, couple of thousands up and down. I did check out jamo, bose, canton, polka. But am open to other speakers as well as long as i can demo them somewhere.

to be precise the paradigm package is for about 1.8 lac and the klipsch (which i havent demo yet) is for about 1.78 lac.

Are u suggesting any other in this bracket?

Paradigm will sound marginally better than klipsh.I feel treble can sound little edgy with klipsh.

I had auditioned the Monitor 7s and 9s and found them better than the RF series.

Do long duration auditions and find out what you really like.

To me the RF seemed very fatiguing, but its a personal thing as there are a few who love the horn tweeters.

thanks for the price list.

i went around testing speakers for the last few days and tested the paradigm monitor series and the klipsch reference series. Some one also recommended KEF Qseries but haven't demoed them yet. But it is very difficult to make an accurate comparison cause none of the places have any of the set ups together.

Any suggestions between the Monitor 11 vs Klipsch rf62 vs KEF Q900? Also any site i can get the prices for the same in rupees?

second spirovious on the klipsh. highs come across a little too harsh for my liking. whats your budget

I like the Klipsch RF series speakers, they are very good for watching movies and you might feel little fatigued on musics, but again that a personnel opinion. I have used them before and I love them.
Paradigm : I havent heard these speakers so cant talk about it.
KEF are good speakers too, but you got listen to them I some how feel they were not able to fill the space. Again my personnel opinion.
When I decided on my speakers I took my Ipod with the music I am familiar with and played it on the speakers and decided which sounded best to my ears. Some time the same speakers would sound different;ly in you home set up due to differnce in aucostics and other obvious reasons. I am not sure if the retailer you are planning to buy would accept returns, other wise the best way is to set it up in you home and then buy.

@ bpradhan,

Instead of just giving your budget, why not go & demo what all speaker packages are available in your budget??? Find out which 1 you liked best & then someone can help you out with respect to guiding you with best price for the speaker package you liked.

Thats the best way to go about it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back