Kralk speakers from uk - custom made to order

newlash09

Hi all...

Just thought I'd give some heads up to the forum members here, about this range of speakers everyone in the UK is raving about.

I've never heard them. But apparently it is a one man operation. And he builds each speaker himself. Every model on their website is tuned to offer a particular sound..So one has to email Mr.Allen to find out what suits your particular musical taste.

Each speaker is custom..So you have a choice of finish colour and veneer. Including binding posts too.

And the pricing is very very reasonable as compared to the competition from the usual suspects. As they are no dealer margin involved. Apparently they ship internationally too. Hence my interest in the brand.

Below are some snippets Iam posting from fellow users I've found on British forums.

And below is the link to their website.

The main thing that garnered my interest is their interesting controls for mid and treble for their more expensive models. One can tune the balance between mids and treble by a whopping -5db to +15db..So the sound you get is also custom. And you can tune it to your liking.

The main sound signature is of a fast paced speaker, with great dynamics. Great transparent mids, with exceptional clarity. But the treble as reported by some users is bright. So they are using the gain controls provided to tune it a bit to their liking. And the bass is supposed to be astounding. Fast, deep, tight and hard hitting. This bass description got me most interested , as Iam a bass head who needs to be kept in a rehab :D

So that's it...if anyone does order one...please do let me known how it sounds:)SmartSelect_20190705-151142_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20190705-151112_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20190705-151142_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20190705-151112_Chrome.jpg

Very interesting! The comments mention Buchardt S400 which too are from a niche manufacturer and sold in direct sales model but costs 3x compared to these !

Very interesting! The comments mention Buchardt S400 which too are from a niche manufacturer and sold in direct sales model but costs 3x compared to these !

Very true sandeep.. all those models compared with are good brands indeed. And the asking price is staggeringly low. I myself am thinking about pulling the trigger on their top TD12. But what got my attention is their description of being fast paced speakers. That has always been what I look for in speakers. Pace, timing and bassssssssss :D

Very true sandeep.. all those models compared with are good brands indeed. And the asking price is staggeringly low. I myself am thinking about pulling the trigger on their top TD12. But what got my attention is their description of being fast paced speakers. That has always been what I look for in speakers. Pace, timing and bassssssssss :D
Wow! That looks like prem’s JBL :)

Looks very interesting. Newlash09, also look up Tekton DI at USD 3000 and Tekton SET at USD 1800. They too are very good speakers with fabulous reviews. There are guys who have moved from Wilson Audio and Harbeth 40.2 and Maggie’s 3.6 to Tekton DI. Tekton plays all genres comfortably and can be driven by a 3 watt amp as well as by a 250 watt amp.

Looks very interesting. Newlash09, also look up Tekton DI at USD 3000 and Tekton SET at USD 1800. They too are very good speakers with fabulous reviews. There are guys who have moved from Wilson Audio and Harbeth 40.2 and Maggie’s 3.6 to Tekton DI. Tekton plays all genres comfortably and can be driven by a 3 watt amp as well as by a 250 watt amp.

Thanks for the heads up prem :)

I've read some great reviews of the tektons.. I believe you've had them in the past. Can you please describe their sound signature. My main interest would be in fast paced speakers with great deep bass. And a very transparent mid range.

Never mind if the tweeters are missing :D

Last edited:
They do all of what you want plus it has a tweeter :)

It has great tone and dynamics. Transient attack and speed is superb. It’s also very transparent. Mids are superb. For me that’s a must since I listen to a lot of old Bollywood. The DI will also go very low. You will not need a subwoofer. The SET will not go as deep. But it’s a much easy load.

They do all of what you want plus it has a tweeter :)

It has great tone and dynamics. Transient attack and speed is superb. It’s also very transparent. Mids are superb. For me that’s a must since I listen to a lot of old Bollywood. The DI will also go very low. You will not need a subwoofer. The SET will not go as deep. But it’s a much easy load.

Wow..Thats great...thanks a lot for taking the time to pen a reply prem :)

Looks like just what the doctor ordered for me :D

Do they happen to have a dealer in india by any chance of luck:)

No. You’ll have to buy direct from Tekton. You only need to get your customs sorted. If you have a friend who has a IEC, get them to order for you. And get their custom agent to clear it.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back