Labor of Luv - 301

gee_john

...and after 6 months of hard work, today I completed my DIY Garrard 301, with Jelco 750 L 12 incher with Denon 103 on independent tonearm pod...& Nagaoka dust bug...
dsc0380lx.jpg

dsc0375lm.jpg

dsc0374l.jpg

dsc0373l.jpg

dsc0365l.jpg

dsc0363l.jpg

dsc0358l.jpg

dsc0381lw.jpg

Last edited:
Beautifuuuuuul!

superb stuff gee! what material is the plinth??? share details bro!

Plinth is made of baltic birch hard wood.. stained to rosewood color and finished by a friend of mine who runs a carpentry workshop.. Guess what.. the main stay of the tone arm is a hydraulic push rod of a JCB backhoe.. solid and heavy...

Beautiful site to look at. I'm sure it will sound divine. Please do share you listening experience. We music lovers, love sharing our happiness:eek:

helium
Cambridge Audio 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW-175 + Pure Silver cables = 'Music Nirvana'

Gee John,

That looks absolutely lovely the dark wood setting off the white 301. Very neatly and cleanly done. The armpod looks superb too.

Regards

Beautiful site to look at. I'm sure it will sound divine. Please do share you listening experience. We music lovers, love sharing our happiness:eek:

helium
Cambridge Audio 640c V2 + Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW-175 + Pure Silver cables = 'Music Nirvana'

Sure, You need to find the right people to understand, appreciate and enjoy the fruits of hard work. I need to get a stand to fit this into my current rig, before I sit down and fine tune...The DIY stand is expected to get ready by Saturday. It consist of sand filled square pipes with a black granite counter top...

Sure, You need to find the right people to understand, appreciate and enjoy the fruits of hard work. I need to get a stand to fit this into my current rig, before I sit down and fine tune...The DIY stand is expected to get ready by Saturday. It consist of sand filled square pipes with a black granite counter top...

I'm sure your carpenter friend, he'll help you out.

Awesome..Loved it. Am really interested in the base for the tonearm..how did you get that ?
I am looking for a good base for my tonearm as well.

Great and kudos on your DIY. If you dont mind, could you please elaborate on the tonearm base and its construction (esp on the stability, any retuning required if there is any accidental dislocation / movement etc)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back