• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Lampizator Level-3 Tube DAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLASTO

I am putting my beloved Lampizator Level-3 DAC for sale.
Everything about this DAC is huge which might come in the way a few times. It is huge in size, has a huge and smooth bass, huge soundstage.

My DAC Journey so far is Musical Fidelity M1(A) -> ODAC -> Schiit . Gungnir -> Lampizator -> NorthStar.
It has replaced a gungnir (non multibit) in my setup and did it with style improving every aspect of sound. The music appeals to the heart rather than head so to say. If you are analysing kind, these wont float your boat. If you are looking for thick, fleshedout midrange coupled with big weighty bass and soundstage, you are looking at your next DAC.

Reason for sale: As you can see below in pictures, it takes only one coaxial input and outputs RCA. I have since moved away from both these connectivity options in favor of toslink and XLR connections to connect to active speakers. Hence it is mostly unused as of now.
The Northstar DAC I have right now serves as a digital interfacing hub. I have connected 1 streamer via coaxial, chromecast audio and TV via 2 toslink input outputting via XLR to active speakers. Lampizator cannot be used in this fashion at all.

Please weigh your options too before purchase. You might end up in my situation where you have a sublime sounding DAC and still you cannot settle due to inability to interface seamlessly with other components in your setup.

If you have a dedicated room and need a single purpose DAC to drive floorstanders, its hard to beat this DAC at twice or thrice the price. I had such a setup but my prioreties changed, hence the sale.

If you need a digital interfacing hub, look elsewhere.

Price: 70k.

If you are in hyderabad, you are welcome to try it at your place and pick it up if you like.
If you are elsewhere, Please wait. I am scared to ship this giant with a tube heart at the moment.

L1.jpg

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

newlash09

Hi iblasto...

I must really commend you on posting such an honest sale post. Everyone seem to be busy shoving their kit down someone else's throat. Your disclaimer and warning to future buyers is indeed a breath of fresh air. Or may I say true audiophile spirit, which dictates that both the seller and buyer should be happy in the end . Highly appreciated indeed ..you have my respect p>>>>>n :)

mshifi

Everything about this DAC is huge which might come in the way a few times. It is huge in size, has a huge and smooth bass, huge soundstage.

My DAC Journey so far is Musical Fidelity M1(A) -> ODAC -> Schiit . Gungnir -> Lampizator -> NorthStar.
It has replaced a gungnir (non multibit) in my setup and did it with style improving every aspect of sound. The music appeals to the heart rather than head so to say. If you are analysing kind, these wont float your boat. If you are looking for thick, fleshedout midrange coupled with big weighty bass and soundstage, you are looking at your next DAC.

Reason for sale: As you can see below in pictures, it takes only one coaxial input and outputs RCA. I have since moved away from both these connectivity options in favor of toslink and XLR connections to connect to active speakers. Hence it is mostly unused as of now.
The Northstar DAC I have right now serves as a digital interfacing hub. I have connected 1 streamer via coaxial, chromecast audio and TV via 2 toslink input outputting via XLR to active speakers. Lampizator cannot be used in this fashion at all.

Please weigh your options too before purchase. You might end up in my situation where you have a sublime sounding DAC and still you cannot settle due to inability to interface seamlessly with other components in your setup.

If you have a dedicated room and need a single purpose DAC to drive floorstanders, its hard to beat this DAC at twice or thrice the price. I had such a setup but my prioreties changed, hence the sale.

If you are in hyderabad, you are welcome to try it at your place and pick it up if you like.
If you are elsewhere, Please wait. I am scared to ship this giant with a tube heart at the moment.

View attachment 25084

View attachment 25085

View attachment 25086

View attachment 25087
I wish it had more connectivity options.

drkrack

View attachment 25084

View attachment 25085

View attachment 25086

View attachment 25087
Thanks for a genuine representation of facts in a sales thread.
Few queries ; why is the labeling of outputs in handwriting? Did it come like that? How old is the DAC?

jai1611

Few queries ; why is the labeling of outputs in handwriting? Did it come like that? How old is the DAC?
I'm the original owner of the DAC. Can confirm it came with the handwritten label. At the time, Lampizator was still relatively new in commercial DACs and hand assembled everything.

For someone thinking of using this for computer audio, can recommend the Lynx aes16 sound cards. Had great success with that at the time.

BLASTO

Thanks for a genuine representation of facts in a sales thread.
Hi sir,

More than anything, sale threads reflect the nature of the seller. Shortcomings need to be laid out along with highlights of the product so that it will appeal to the 'correct' set of buyers rather than everyone out there. If it did not reach the correct buyer, it is hard to hold on to for a long time.

In fact the original owner Jai (he is in the thread too) let me audition the DAC for a week before making my decision. He just shipped the DAC to me without any transfers. IMO, this is how the sale of high end devices should happen since we tend to hear very less during in-store and short auditions. But this kind of gesture and repute cannot happen everywhere, only between members with honest dealings in the past.

From the date in the lable (see pic) I see 3/11. Which would make it roughly 7 years old.

I am having it for roughly 3-4 years now purchased from Jai who did all the hard work of importing I guess.

SPONSORED ADS

Kannan

True words. This kind of dealings are very rare. I had such a deal when i finally purchased an expensive CD player many years back after using it for a week. In fact the proposal came from the seller for me to try, satisfy and buy. It so happened tat I extended the favour wen I sold it 2 ears later to another FM. But all of where from the same city.
But nowadays it is a little difficult proposition.

On the other side, I am aware of a very sour deal involving a huge amount (multiples of 10 lakhs) where a friend got cheated. Been a couple of years, and he is still struggling to get the money.

mpw

The designer would have had solid reasons for the input selection on the DAC

Many times it's better to do 1 thing well than a lot of average things.

IMO.. This cannot be taken as a negative point

As long as it makes good music..

Good luck with your sale

Regards

Hi Blasto
Went thru all the posts.
This brand came highly recommended by a person using very hiend audio.
Did Jaibir own this piece earlier ?
Also the pictures you have posted gives a very very good idea of the condition of the product in question. Can you share the process you used.
Thanks in advance
Regards

BLASTO

Hi Blasto
Went thru all the posts.
This brand came highly recommended by a person using very hiend audio.
Did Jaibir own this piece earlier ?
Also the pictures you have posted gives a very very good idea of the condition of the product in question. Can you share the process you used.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Hi Sir,

Yes, Jaibir owned it earlier and I got it from him.
Regarding photos, these are just IPhone photos without flash. I just took all the sides where relevant ports are available and a singlepic for size comparison against a marker. Flash light, in most cases highlight/overexposes a small area and suprsses details in other areas, so I dont use them when taking indoor pics. A bright ambient light would do.

BLASTO

The DAC is sold and payment received.
I will be packing and sending it out to the new owner for the DAC to continue its journey.

Thank you everyone who showed interest.
I will close the thread once the buyer receives the DAC in good condition and tests it out.

Thank you.

Hi Sir,

Yes, Jaibir owned it earlier and I got it from him.
Regarding photos, these are just IPhone photos without flash. I just took all the sides where relevant ports are available and a singlepic for size comparison against a marker. Flash light, in most cases highlight/overexposes a small area and suprsses details in other areas, so I dont use them when taking indoor pics. A bright ambient light would do.
Thank you so much for a quick response.
I am 70 years old. Clearly from another era.
I didn't follow this bit

And a singlepic for for size comparison against a marker.
Thanks
So sorry to be a bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPONSORED ADS