Laptop issue .... help needed

ghatgepatil

Bought a laptop recently, working fine, till just now.

Noticed this issue .... the moment I switch on the charger, the laptop screen goes blank. It's not that the laptop is switching off, but the screen goes pitch black. On switching off the charger, everything gets ok again. I assume there is some fault with the charger ... its still in warranty so no sweat, but, what could be the reason .....?

Thanks for any assistance.

Bought a laptop recently, working fine, till just now.

Noticed this issue .... the moment I switch on the charger, the laptop screen goes blank. It's not that the laptop is switching off, but the screen goes pitch black. On switching off the charger, everything gets ok again. I assume there is some fault with the charger ... its still in warranty so no sweat, but, what could be the reason .....?

Thanks for any assistance.

Might even be a problem with the board or also a faulty power cord. It might also be a setup problem in BIOS? What is the brand of the laptop?

switch on the charger, the laptop screen goes blank

I searched on google with the above message from your post and there were many answers and many reasons as well. You can refine your search with your laptop name etc and can possibly find a solution as well.

Its a Lenovo Ideapad S400.

Thanks, checked the net. This seems to be an issue with some of the models across the board. Tried all that has been suggested without success, so, a visit to their outlet is scheduled.

'LED backlight switch-off upon insertion of AC adaptor' ... that's how it is mentioned 'more technically'.

Lenovo has a power saving program that runs in the background. Sometime it is the one creating problems.

On my old Lenovo laptop, I had faced a similar problem which got solved when I re-installed the OS and did not install the Lenovo power saving program.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back