Latest Hifi news thread-

so basically its a music streamer with a solid DAC section, it seems to be USB streaming, it supports FAT32 file system and includes most of regular use music files, it does not have a digital decoder (encoder), ebay UK lisiting says 460GBP, so expectedly in India it would nearly 38K if it at all hits the market, didn't understand why its so costly??

Latest: The French "Focal" and British "Naim" merge! Unusual Gaul-Anglosaxon alliance indeed, and as someone has remarked, beginning of the end (or end of the beginning)???

cheers.
murali

playGo USB does wireless audio slightly cheaper than a Sonos

playGo USB does wireless audio slightly cheaper than a Sonos -- Engadget

Audiophiles wanting to wirelessly liberate their music from desktop speakers have a tough choice -- buy a $99 Airport Express, which uses a less-than-ideal 3.5mm line-out jack, or spend big on a Sonos. Bicom's playGo USB is the new cord cutting kid on the block, and it's aiming for the middle slice of that market. For $450 you get a transmission unit which connects via microUSB to your computer and a receiver that connects to your HiFi with RCA or Optical cables. Song streaming couldn't be easier, the two have a range of 75 feet and pair up automatically over the 2.4 GHz band to send 24-bit sound to your beloved home audio kit. To stand out from the crowd, the playGo is hewn from Corian (yes, the stuff used for kitchen counter tops) and has a layer of LEDs to add some color to your musical experience. It's currently on sale for $400, but let's be honest -- you can't put a price on freedom from wires, can you?

Some coincidence! I was looking for a way to get internet radio streams from my laptop to my amp/DAC wirelessly with minimum loss of quality, just yesterday night.

But $450.00 is definitely mucho dinero for most people. Too much so.

So much for my deciding to get the KEF Q Series.

The R Series will probably be available in India sometime in October / November !!!

Placed between the Q Series and the Reference Series, I can't wait to hear the reviews :)

KEF International

ASUS launches its first USB DAC, the Xonar Essence One
is priced at Rs. 21,000. Below are specifications of the device:

Specifications
Items Description
Audio Performance

Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted): 120dB
Output Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz@-3dB (A-Weighted) :110dB
Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage Balanced Output: 4Vrms
Unbalanced Output: 2Vrms
Headphone: 7Vrms
Frequency Response (-3dB, 24-bit/192kHz output ): <10Hz to 48kHz
Sample Rate and Resolution
Analog Playback Sample Rate and Resolution 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16/24bit
Upsampling capability Up to 352.8kHz (44.1/88.2 /176.4kHz input) or 384kHz (48/96/192kHz input), 32bit
I/O Ports
Output Jack: Balanced Output (XLR)
Unbalanced Output (Dual RCA)
6.3mm Jack headphone output
Metal with plated gold, black housing
Input Jack: USB jack
Coaxial / Toslink jack
Metal with plated gold, black housing

Accessories USB cable (B-A type) *1
Power cord *1 (Some versions may have 2 power cords for different countries)
6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor *1
User manual *1
Audio Precision (AP) test report *1
Installation driver CD *1

Belkin announces a trio of new products to help your HDTV get its stream on

Belkin announces a trio of new products to help your HDTV get its stream on -- Engadget

Belkin today unveiled a handful of new products aimed at making your TV a bit more streamy. The ScreenCast AV 4 lets you stream content from devices like Blu-ray players to an HDTV without the need for an HDMI cable. The transmitter plugs into the source device and the receiver plugs into the TV, making it possible to watch 1080p video wirelessly. The ScreenCast AV 4 will run $249.99 when it hits next month. The company's Universal HDTV Adapter and Universal Wireless AV Adapter, meanwhile, offer up wireless for TVs, making it possible to stream content with dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The Universal Wireless HDTV Adapter offers up streaming for a single Internet-ready set, while the Universal Wireless AV Adapter works with up to four AV devices. Both are available this month, and will run you $79.99 and $99.99, respectively.

Browsing through the HD channels on Reliance Digital, I came across ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD. I don't know when exactly these channels were activated, but am sure not too long ago. One new movie channel (non HD) is also under testing.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back