LCD tv best buy in Dubai

sindabad.sailor

Hello all,
I am looking to buy an LCD in Dubai to bring to india when I w'd travel enroute Dubai in 1st week of Jan11.
Unfortunately I w'd miss DSF by merely a week.

I w'd be glad to know best place in Dubai to buy LCD tv to bring it in india that point of time.
What I gather from searching on internet, Jumbo electronics has SonyKLV40EX400 @720 USD with PS2 free. Solo too is available. Is this good price in Dubai.

Moreover is this good selection of TV itself. I am looking for 40/42 inch LCD around 500-600 USD in Dubai for Sd viewing (set-top box provided by local cable operator who has tie up with 'in' cable).

How abt Philips LCD models launched in india? Are same models way cheaper in UAE than in India? Do indian modes have same parts/panels that are there in dubai models?

I have Philips HTS and quite happy with it. Also philips service centre is stone's throw from my home. So w'd a philips bought in DUbai carry warranty in india or is it better to stick to Sony (service centre lil farther than philips)

Rgds.

Guys i seriously need an advice.
Do we have any similar thread running parellel, for any product other than LCDs as i have other stuff in my wish list too.
Pls shoot ur advices.

Hi,

What I've heard and read, mostly people advice..........Bangkok is the best place to shop for Electronics (LCD's, DVD's, Laptops, cameras etc)

Cant say about the pricing in Dubai, but you should also check Sony KLV-40EX500 and compare with SonyKLV40EX400

Thanks

I was into thinking that the cheapest stuff apart from US is frmo Duabi. Though I bought laptop from thailand I noticed that the GST refund at Airport deducts some 100 odd THbs hence it is not complete GST refund, though the loss is penny @ 150-200Rs.

Coming back to topic:
I am not aware which mall / shop w'd have biggest selection. And what are avg costs in Dubai shops apart from if I need to bargain in Dubai too.

Also since you are mentioning other model may you pls recommend me some good options for SD content viewing on local cable suppliers set top and occasional movies on philips HTS with HDMI and DVD upscaling.
Rgds.

I was into thinking that the cheapest stuff apart from US is frmo Duabi. Though I bought laptop from thailand I noticed that the GST refund at Airport deducts some 100 odd THbs hence it is not complete GST refund, though the loss is penny @ 150-200Rs.

Coming back to topic:
I am not aware which mall / shop w'd have biggest selection. And what are avg costs in Dubai shops apart from if I need to bargain in Dubai too.

Also since you are mentioning other model may you pls recommend me some good options for SD content viewing on local cable suppliers set top and occasional movies on philips HTS with HDMI and DVD upscaling.
Rgds.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back