LCD TV within 15-18k?

ambar_hitman

Hi all,

I am planning to get a LCD TV (22inch, 1366x768 is enough) for PS3 and local cable (No DTH). My budget is 15-18k. Which brand should I go for?
Do 22 Inch LCD TVs from Samsung/Sony support normal Cable networks i.e. do they have slots for normal coaxial Cable networks? I am sort of inclined towards Sony Bravia KLV-22EX300, but will be glad to know about other options.
Thanks in advance.

Why not LG ..good VFM......Sony 22 Inch I think is overkill
I have AOC 22 Incher but I was looking dual display --PC USE and TV/Video Use

Just add another 5K to your budget and buy 32".

And you will be able to hook up the coaxial cable to all the TVs.

And at 25K you will have many options for 32" LCD TVs. At 18K for a 22" LCD TV is not worth. I strongly discourage you, unless you can live only with the 22" TV.

Why not LG ..good VFM......Sony 22 Inch I think is overkill

I will check LG models. Do you know of any particular one?

Thanks, I had this doubt.

Budget is not an issue. I want to get a slim and portable TV, I will get a new 40 inch full HD TV in future, this 22 inch one is just for PS3 and cable for 7-8 months. I kept budget as 18k as I thought that is the minimum for LCD TVs. If I can get them cheap, it will be great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also look @ benq/Dell LCD monitors in 15k range.

I dont want to go for Monitors, as I will need to buy TV boxes and 2.1 speakers as well.

Last edited:

And at 25K you will have many options for 32" LCD TVs. At 18K for a 22" LCD TV is not worth. I strongly discourage you, unless you can live only with the 22" TV.

32inch is too much for me now. I will be getting a good 40+ inch full HD TV in future, and at that time this 22inch one will serve as Bedroom TV.
I kept budget to 18k as I thought that is what is required.
If I can get a 22 inch LCD TV real cheap, that will be a benefit.

And I dont want to get LCD monitors, as their sound is always bad and we need a TV box to connect cables to them. Correct me if I am wrong.

how bout sansui and viewsonic.. they have 32in tv close to 20k with similar ports like other companies..

however where they lack are

contrast ratio.
response time.
multiple slots.
picture quality
upscaling
sound
etc etc..

however basic cable wud be good enough on it and yes all tv can be connected to
basic cable connection.

it completely depends on preference..
u might be statisfied with a 50,000 : 1

however some are not happy even with a 1000000 : 1 plasma

for gaming u need ( must have) as low as poss response time

say .02 sec

older tv used to be .05

so check and buy.

however for watching just normal cable i wund't mind a 50,000:1 lcd ofcourse when
its very competetive to others.. if i have to watch hd then definitely the best one

also ps3 can display upto 1080p HD gaming.. so chk what can support 1080p with better response time rather than contrart ratio as you will need a fast one to match up with the games..

So I should look for lowest response time and highest contrast ratio in my budget.
For cable TV, nothing will matter, but these two values are significant for gaming.
And very few games support 1080p, and even if they do, they run in 720p just fine. So I am not worried about getting 1080p for now, a 1366x768 will do fine.

YEAH LOOK FOR BETTER response time as contrast ratio will not be matter of gaming as games do not run with multiple colors better contrast ratio will make them look better but again that includes price..

yeah u can select 720p output on ps3 and they will do just fine...

but better response time is a must for buttery smooth gaming..

also chk the max processing of panel in terms of refresh rate

normal computer monitor work on 60hz with a vga cable and can go 75hz or above with a dvi connector.. so chk something close to 100hz else again they games might show lag with fast moving scenes....

9k?:eek:
How will be the sound quality etc? I may get that, I need it for max 10 months.

For decent sound, you are much better off connecting it to a pair of powered speakers like Audioengine A2 or A5. I would say this even for your future purchase. Only a select few models have decent sound (like some LG models), and they will charge an extra 10-20k anyway which is what the Audioengines will cost you. Later on, you can always reuse the speakers.

Anyway, just a thought.

For decent sound, you are much better off connecting it to a pair of powered speakers like Audioengine A2 or A5. I would say this even for your future purchase. Only a select few models have decent sound (like some LG models), and they will charge an extra 10-20k anyway which is what the Audioengines will cost you. Later on, you can always reuse the speakers.

Anyway, just a thought.

Yes generally LCD sound is Bad ,smaller LCD sound is worse!
Powered speakers is good option

Or I have seen some HTIBS in 10-12 K bracket with optical in ( Philips generally do NOT have opt in) Think of buying this for sound,,, also PS3 too can be connexted for PS3 effect!

LG's got these cute looking unique LCDs in 22 and 26" sizes with extra side speakers
they sounded pretty good to me and u def. wont need extra speakers with them

22" retails for arnd 15-16k

got them in two color combos , one comes in orange front panel and white back body and other has black front panel.

I have been researching TVs for a mnth now and they seem to offer best vfm amngst entry level LCDs

LG Jazz Atom LCD TV India - Model 22LU10UR LCD

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back