Leben 300XS vs Audio Note OTO PP/SE

tweakman

I have listened to the AN Oto PP in my system with a pair of Devore Super 8 but haven't the chance to try the SE version or a Leben 300XS or even the CS600 for that matter. Can anyone offer some views on the differences?

The speakers are the Devore Fidelity Super 8. They are rated a very easy to drive 90 dB with stable impedance that does not drop below 7 ohms. Many users drive them with tube amps. A dealer friend happened to bring in some Audio Note amps (not the OTO SE though) and I decided to try out the OTO PP. It is very good and from what I read there is particular synergy between the Super 8 and Leben amps. The OTO with the Super 8 goes very loud, sounds very musical, organic, pure and delicate, although the bass could be more defined and punchy. The soundstage is very wide and high but compared to my Lavardin amp it is not very deep and the spaces in between the images are not very apparent.

Since the Devores are pretty neutral and transparent, the amps signature should come through quite well.
ie with regard to the Audionote, its strength is focus on musicality and its presentation is the typical tubey sound ie lush middle with slightly rolled off bass/treble.
The lebens on the other hand are more balanced in the bass and treble and not really with the same mushy background.
In the end your mileage will vary add If you are purely into vocals you may just get seduced by the AN sound but if you listen to rock you will find the leben having more punch .

i have heard one of the devore speakers (Gibbon ? ) with a leben CS600 at Audionote Singapore. I thought it was a great setup something which gve me confodence to go for the Leben.
If you can I would suggest a trip to singapore as Audionote is the dealer for Audionote, Devore as well as Leben and you could do a true A/B !

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back