LED Projectors

pr_vishnu

Hi friends

I'm a home theater enthusiast with a DIY home theater setup in my small home office room. I had a Epson 705HD from Amazon.com US which I had been using for past 3 years. 4 months back the bulb had gone. I spent 11500 to replace it and within a week the projector failed again. But this time the ballast had gone. I didn't want to spend another 15k again as I got the projector for 30k INR. I was very upset and reluctant to buy another projector as I realized that the Lamp is very fragile and may last for only 2-3 years. Eventhough the manufacturers claim 4000 hours, it may last only for 2-3 years. I spoke to a Benq sales person, even he told the same.

Now, when I was enquiring about the projectors one vendor mentioned that LED projectors are better because they don't have this lamp and so no replacement costs. When I was looking for LED projectors I came across some casio projectors (casio produces only led projectors) in just dial around 40 k:
Buy Casio DLP Professional Projector [XJ A251], Price, Reviews Shop online in India | Justdial Online Shopping

Buy Casio DLP Installation Projector [XJ H2600], Price, Reviews Shop online in India | Justdial Online Shopping

The spec looks too good. WXGA resolution 3500 lumens. I can't believe they are so less. You can search in google and the price is more than 1500 USD. Can the price be real? I called up just dial and they asked me to check with vendors.

One vendor named Delta AV solutions in bangalore gave me a quotation for another model Casio XJ-V1. This seems to be a latest model with XGA resolution, 2700 lumens and better contrast ratio than the above two. The price he is quoting is 55k including VAT.

My questions are :
1. Is it worth spending 55k for XGA resolution projector. The only benefit being Lamp Free?
2. Can the price mentioned in Just Dial be real?

The same vendor also has given quotation for Vivitek Qumi Q5 for 45k. But it has 500 lumens only. I can make the room dark. But I'm skeptical about buying this for 45k. And I don't need a pocket sized one.

I'm on a tight budget. I can spend 50 k max. I'm fine with 720p. But I look for highest value for money. As the failure of lamp is bothering me I'm reluctant to buy any lamp based projectors. Your advice is hugely appreciated on the most reliable projector.

Thanks
Vishnu

Also check the price of Acer K335, LG PA1000 (Both 1000 Lumens)

Casio projector is good for the price (Though old model). also Vivitek Qumi Q5 price between 500-600$. so 45K is a good price.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back