LED TV 2014 Suggestion

udayasoorian

Hi All,
I'm planning to buy 46 inches LED tv . I'm planning to buy 2014 models .When they will arrive in India for all brands ? I can wait for a month or 2 . Mostly I buy it for watching movies in blue ray . Budget is 1 lakh . Which brand I shud buy ? Samsung ? LG? Sony? Also where shud I buy . I'm from chennai . In Samsung dealer list they didn't mention about Tata croma but how they sell samsung products ? Croma or Reliance Digital or Viveks ?

With the current state of affair about the life of the Panel (max 3 to 4 years), I would recoommend you to buy a decent projector for watching movies. Having said that, you should have a regular TV (even a CRT would do) if you need to watch TV as ambient light would interfere with projectors.

If you still want to consider an LED TV, go for Sharp 46 inch LCD if you have a decent budget of around 1.3 to 1.4 lacs. As per my analysis they are the best out of the lot.

Hi All,
I'm planning to buy 46 inches LED tv . I'm planning to buy 2014 models .When they will arrive in India for all brands ? I can wait for a month or 2 . Mostly I buy it for watching movies in blue ray . Budget is 1 lakh . Which brand I shud buy ? Samsung ? LG? Sony? Also where shud I buy . I'm from chennai . In Samsung dealer list they didn't mention about Tata croma but how they sell samsung products ? Croma or Reliance Digital or Viveks ?

sony 48w600b is a good option.....it is 2014 model and has got fantastic picture quality....check out this link...take a demo and decide

KDL-48W600B : W600B Series : BRAVIA HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony India

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, so I'm sorry if I ask any noob questions.

I'm looking to buy a TV under the budget of 28K. Currently I own a 21"crt with cubetek media player which suffices my needs. But wifey wants to upgrade. So mine and her (mostly her) requirements are simple:

1. It should play 1080p BRrips and MKV files from 1TB hard-drive (Or should support at least a 64 GB pen drive).
2. It should have a decent sound output.
3. It should have a good service support.

I've not short-listed any TV because of the plethora of options out there. I don't mind shopping online or from Grey Market.

Need to buy this TV as soon as possible as nephews are coming to visit for summer vacation and boy do they love watching cartoon movies and playing Xbox.

Thanks in advance.

Hi creative 420

There are a lot of TVs available and it becomes difficult to choose the right one which would serve all needs and requirements...firstly see these links to understand the TVs of today and their basic difference...it is important to have this basic knowledge before purchase...

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

LED vs LCD vs plasma TV - Which? Technology

Can LED LCD look as good as plasma? - CNET

CNET's guide to 3D TV: What you (still) need to know - CNET

Whats the Difference Between Active 3D and Passive 3D TVs? | eBay

Once you are done, next is to go WINDOW shopping and visit all electronic retailers...like Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone / Reliance Digital where you can see TVs with the same channel side by side, see the screen from all angles ...you can decide on the size based on the distance of placement in your home and the viewing area.....don't buy a big screen if your viewing distance is short.

The most important is warranty and only Toshiba and Sharp offer 3 years....the rest give you one year....a TV with 100hz or more refresh rate is good.....TV with front speakers is always better.....TV with good connectivity options (HDMI, AV inputs analog, USB for movies, Digital Out, Headphones etc ) is required.

Shortlist a few models and review the best seller who will give it cheaper......some members have ordered TVs online and faced a bad experience when it comes to delivery...as for me, I did my window shopping and shortlisted on the Toshiba PU series....got it from my local electronics dealer almost 25% cheaper...it has been one year now...everything is working fine....same 3 year warranty...

If you are looking at a good Tv which has true value.....the Toshiba Cricket series would be good...purchased one for my father in law last week....Vijay Sales was selling it at 27k...the best was for 25k....got it for 22k with my local dealer....it is the P2305 32 inch....

All the best....hope this helps...

Hi creative 420

There are a lot of TVs available and it becomes difficult to choose the right one which would serve all needs and requirements...firstly see these links to understand the TVs of today and their basic difference...it is important to have this basic knowledge before purchase...

If you are looking at a good Tv which has true value.....the Toshiba Cricket series would be good...purchased one for my father in law last week....Vijay Sales was selling it at 27k...the best was for 25k....got it for 22k with my local dealer....it is the P2305 32 inch....

All the best....hope this helps...

Many thanks for your reply. It's quite comprehensive indeed. My office has a Toshiba LED TV which is very good, though I don't know the model. Thanks a lot and I'll take everything you've said here in consideration when I make my purchase. And i'll duly inform/update you guys with it :)

How Toshiba performs in terms of support in warranty period ? and i know one have to compromise picture quality in buying budget tvs.

Back