System setup and evolution

Congrats arj! Lovely looking Garrard 401 setup. Always admired the Thomas Schick tonearm.
Thanks @anilva ! there are quite a few better arms..bit this works so well with DL103 and Ortofon SPUs so a keeper for me :)
That and the RSA1 with a simple Decca..

Looking really lovely and very unique too arj. Enjoy :)
Labour of love. Just love the passion that went into all this.
Congratulations. This is an absolute beauty. Enjoy music
Congratulations @arj this looks like a beauty. I'm sure it sounds great too.
the sound is still a work in progress ! but you know it feels good..need to figure out the reason for some frequency getting cutoff...must be the room :rolleyes:

Congratulations! I bet it sounds as lovely as it looks.

I bought a Lenco L75/S this past year, and am very taken with that idler sound, even stock 9the arm is picking up some noise, though). The plan is to make a heavy CLD plinth with scrap plywood and MDF in the garage, mount a Grace or Rega arm on the plinth (fingers crossed this will eliminate the noise from the stock arm, which I believe it is picking up either from the top plate or being near the motor with poorly shielded wire). Once I get it sounding to my liking, I will make a proper one with quality wood.

Here's to that amazing idler sound! Whoot!

Congratulations! I bet it sounds as lovely as it looks.

I bought a Lenco L75/S this past year, and am very taken with that idler sound, even stock 9the arm is picking up some noise, though). The plan is to make a heavy CLD plinth with scrap plywood and MDF in the garage, mount a Grace or Rega arm on the plinth (fingers crossed this will eliminate the noise from the stock arm, which I believe it is picking up either from the top plate or being near the motor with poorly shielded wire). Once I get it sounding to my liking, I will make a proper one with quality wood.

Here's to that amazing idler sound! Whoot!
Congratulations ! Setting up the Lenco was an interesting and learning experience and yes the plinth and tonearm are the right places to start.
By noise level do you mean any electrical Hum or a mechanical background noise ?

You could do a very simple experiment..take the Lenco out of the current plinth and rest it "Nude" on bricks on each corner ie each corner is elevated with a brick/Stone. now check the noise level ( if latter). if you do see a benefit a plinth will definitely help.

For a rega , it is not a drop in replacment for the Lenco ie the hole needs to be slightly modified ( a Linn drops in as is). Not sure of the Grace though !

Congratulations ! Setting up the Lenco was an interesting and learning experience and yes the plinth and tonearm are the right places to start.
By noise level do you mean any electrical Hum or a mechanical background noise ?

You cold do a very simple experiment..take the Lenco out of the current plinth and rest it "Nude" on bricks on each corner ie each corner is elevated with a brick/Stone. now check the noise level ( if latter). if you do see a benefit a plinth will definitely help.

For a rega , it is not a drop in replacment for the Lenco ie the hole needs to be slightly modified ( a Linn drops in as is). Not sure of the Grace though !

It is an electrical hum, very faint, but in comparison to the Rega arm I put on a Mission 775S, it is audible.

The plan is to put the Rega or Grace arm on the new plinth, for my LOMCs, and keep the OEM Jelco arm for playing around with my many MMs, and finally get a dedicated mono cartridge a well as maybe a 78.

Good idea about trying the Lenco nude! I will give that a go when I get some time. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back