Leonard Cohen Passes Away

I heard him first while listening to Rethm's demo video in youtube. An intriguing smoky voice and an intimate song-writer. The vulnerability of emotion in his words came to life through his voice.

Coincidentally enough, I played "Famous blue raincoat", " Suzanne" and a few other tracks of his on the same day. I was quite taken aback hence, when I read of his passing away next day morning.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...court-justice-chandrachud-on-sec-377-5346824/

Great we have a Supreme Court justice who quotes Cohen as a part of the recently delivered judgment on the Section 377 issue.

“According to Justice Chandrachud, the favourite part of his judgement was where he quoted the lyrics of the song ‘Democracy’ by Leonard Cohen.
Reading it aloud, he said,
“Democracy. It’s coming through a hole in the air. It’s coming from the feel, that this ain’t exactly real, or it’s real, but it ain’t exactly there. From the wars against disorder, from the sirens night and day, from the fires of the homeless, from the ashes of the gay. Democracy is coming.”

I heard him first while listening to Rethm's demo video in youtube. An intriguing smoky voice and an intimate song-writer. The vulnerability of emotion in his words came to life through his voice.
I too heard him for the first time in that video and what a voice he has , thousand kisses deep , helleluja , dance with me are my favorites .

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back