LG 43UJ752T Review

HE-MAN

I received it 5 days ago. LG brand shoppe took 3 days to deliver the Tv since they did not have it in stock apart from the display piece. Employees were very nice and polite. One guy was standing holding usb hdd I had brought to check PQ which took a while. They told me upfront that it will take 3 days for delivery. Negotiations started at 84,999, after some hard bargaining we agreed upon 76,000 and two year warranty, second year panel and module only. I paid 6000rs booking amount and 70,000rs at home at time of delivery. It was installed within 2 hours.

This is the new 2017 model with the Nano Cell Display. Its a 4K smart Tv with Web OS 3.5, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG. This was the only Tv I found at 43 inch to have all major HDR formats.

Build Quality is above average sort of feels premium because of the Gunmetal type brushed Grey finish. Tv is made up of entirely plastic. The grey metal borders feel like metal but I am not sure. However, they do give a nice character to the set. Stand is hollow metal with plastic inside. Tv wobbles a bit but not so much that will make you nervous.

Due to HDMI 2.0 limitations its only able to do 4K HDR at YCbCr 4:4:4 8bit 60hz. You have to select 420 or 422 to use 10bit or 12bit. You have to turn HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color on for the HDMI input you are connected to. Also you have to turn HDR and Advanced Color on in Windows 10 display settings (you need creators update). YcbCr 4:4:4 is extremely sharp and crisp. It can also do 1920*1080 @120hz. I am using GTX 980Ti.

My Primary Usage is gaming and watching movies. Games that have HDR Support work in HDR. I played Mass Effect Andromeda in HDR10 and it does indeed look good. Input lag is very low even in HDR on all modes, I play on HDR Game(user mode, with a few settings changed). Mass Effect Andromeda recently received a 1.08 patch that adds Dolby Vision support but Origins is acting like shit and not downloading it keeps crashing. I will update once I am able to play it in Dolby Vision. Resident Evil 7 also supports HDR but I am yet to test it.

Picture quality is extremely good, blacks are so good that you won't believe it's a IPS panel. HDR PQ is also very good, Tv does get bright enough and also dark enough to the HDR effect pop. When HDR content is detected it displays appropriate logo like Dolby or HDR based on the content. HDR = Vivid, Standard, Cinema Home, Cinema, Game settings. SDR = Vivid, Standard,APS,Cinema,Cricket,Game,Photo, ISF bright room, ISF Darkroom, HDR Effect= Low, Medium, Strong. HDR Effect is available only when you use usb to play SDR videos. This actually helps SDR content look better, personally I am using this to watch SDR content and they do look extremely good. You have to turn on Real cinema in settings if you want to watch 24hz movies to have a judder free experience. Local Dimming is average at best.

Sound is exceptional for LCD-LED Tv this thin. I was not expecting it to be so good with its tight bass and surround sound. it has a DTV Audio Setting = MPEG, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, HE-AAC, Auto. It also has AV Sync adjustment. Sound modes = Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice 3, Cricket, Music, Game.

Web OS 3.5 is good accompanied by excellent magic remote. Lg content store does not have anything useful but Netflix, Amazon prime (I didn't knew Prime had HDR in India), Youtube are all present and they all work at 4k with HDR if the content supports it. Upscaling is good if you use usb to watch 1080p videos or lower resolution. There are some features like edge enhancer, noise reduction and mpeg noise reduction to help lower resolution stuff.

HDR10 is good but some of you will be underwhelmed after seeing it and will think HDR is not that great. Personally I also found HDR10 not that appealing but Dolby Vision will make your jaw hit the floor, it's leagues ahead of HDR. Lg brand shoppe guys played a few Dolby Vision videos they had and damn it looked so freaking amazing. So if you are looking to get into HDR buy something that supports Dolby Vision be it Tv or UHD Player. Dolby Vision is currently the best HDR experience out there. Let's hope HDR10+ will be able to match Dolby Vision.

PS: I am using a generic local HDMI Cable I bought few years back for 150rs. No fancy high end cable required here. However, if you plan to buy UHD Player or you have a receiver then you will have get a certified 18gbps cable other wise it wont work properly.
PSS: This is my personal experience user mileage may vary. I am still calibrating it and will update post when I am fully satisfied with the settings. Lg installation guys were polite and well mannered but they did not know anything about the Tv, I helped them with stand mount and they had no knowledge regarding the Demo. They said training is yet to happen for 2017 models.

Last edited:
Your TV does YouTube 4k HDR? Hmm... hope it comes to 2016 LG OLEDs.

Yes from the built in youtube app, I was surprised too. However youtube does not detect HDR while using pc, which is a bummer. Have you updated to 3.60.09 firmware released on June 2nd 2017.

I was planning to buy this one. Which city do you live. I have seen it online only in Croma (but showing 84K).
I received it 5 days ago. LG brand shoppe took 3 days to deliver the Tv since they did not have it in stock apart from the display piece. Employees were very nice and polite. One guy was standing holding usb hdd I had brought to check PQ which took a while. They told me upfront that it will take 3 days for delivery. Negotiations started at 84,999, after some hard bargaining we agreed upon 76,000 and two year warranty, second year panel and module only. I paid 6000rs booking amount and 70,000rs at home at time of delivery. It was installed within 2 hours.

This is the new 2017 model with the Nano Cell Display. Its a 4K smart Tv with Web OS 3.5, HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG. This was the only Tv I found at 43 inch to have all major HDR formats.

Build Quality is above average sort of feels premium because of the Gunmetal type brushed Grey finish. Tv is made up of entirely plastic. The grey metal borders feel like metal but I am not sure. However, they do give a nice character to the set. Stand is hollow metal with plastic inside. Tv wobbles a bit but not so much that will make you nervous.

Due to HDMI 2.0 limitations its only able to do 4K HDR at YCbCr 4:4:4 8bit 60hz. You have to select 420 or 422 to use 10bit or 12bit. You have to turn HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color on for the HDMI input you are connected to. Also you have to turn HDR and Advanced Color on in Windows 10 display settings (you need creators update). YcbCr 4:4:4 is extremely sharp and crisp. It can also do 1920*1080 @120hz. I am using GTX 980Ti.

My Primary Usage is gaming and watching movies. Games that have HDR Support work in HDR. I played Mass Effect Andromeda in HDR10 and it does indeed look good. Input lag is very low even in HDR on all modes, I play on HDR Game(user mode, with a few settings changed). Mass Effect Andromeda recently received a 1.08 patch that adds Dolby Vision support but Origins is acting like shit and not downloading it keeps crashing. I will update once I am able to play it in Dolby Vision. Resident Evil 7 also supports HDR but I am yet to test it.

Picture quality is extremely good, blacks are so good that you won't believe it's a IPS panel. HDR PQ is also very good, Tv does get bright enough and also dark enough to the HDR effect pop. When HDR content is detected it displays appropriate logo like Dolby or HDR based on the content. HDR = Vivid, Standard, Cinema Home, Cinema, Game settings. SDR = Vivid, Standard,APS,Cinema,Cricket,Game,Photo, ISF bright room, ISF Darkroom, HDR Effect= Low, Medium, Strong. HDR Effect is available only when you use usb to play SDR videos. This actually helps SDR content look better, personally I am using this to watch SDR content and they do look extremely good. You have to turn on Real cinema in settings if you want to watch 24hz movies to have a judder free experience. Local Dimming is average at best.

Sound is exceptional for LCD-LED Tv this thin. I was not expecting it to be so good with its tight bass and surround sound. it has a DTV Audio Setting = MPEG, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, HE-AAC, Auto. It also has AV Sync adjustment. Sound modes = Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice 3, Cricket, Music, Game.

Web OS 3.5 is good accompanied by excellent magic remote. Lg content store does not have anything useful but Netflix, Amazon prime (I didn't knew Prime had HDR in India), Youtube are all present and they all work at 4k with HDR if the content supports it. Upscaling is good if you use usb to watch 1080p videos or lower resolution. There are some features like edge enhancer, noise reduction and mpeg noise reduction to help lower resolution stuff.

HDR10 is good but some of you will be underwhelmed after seeing it and will think HDR is not that great. Personally I also found HDR10 not that appealing but Dolby Vision will make your jaw hit the floor, it's leagues ahead of HDR. Lg brand shoppe guys played a few Dolby Vision videos they had and damn it looked so freaking amazing. So if you are looking to get into HDR buy something that supports Dolby Vision be it Tv or UHD Player. Dolby Vision is currently the best HDR experience out there. Let's hope HDR10+ will be able to match Dolby Vision.

PS: I am using a generic local HDMI Cable I bought few years back for 150rs. No fancy high end cable required here. However, if you plan to buy UHD Player or you have a receiver then you will have get a certified 18gbps cable other wise it wont work properly.
PSS: This is my personal experience user mileage may vary. I am still calibrating it and will update post when I am fully satisfied with the settings. Lg installation guys were polite and well mannered but they did not know anything about the Tv, I helped them with stand mount and they had no knowledge regarding the Demo. They said training is yet to happen for 2017 models.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Like I said they also quoted 84,999rs at start, visit your local Lg Shoppy and negotiate, it all depends on your negotiation skills.

Like I said they also quoted 84,999rs at start, visit your local Lg Shoppy and negotiate, it all depends on your negotiation skills.
I have seen it on ebay for 74k without extra 1 year warranty yesterday. Hopefully it is available on my hometown. With GST prices may rise..

I have seen it on ebay for 74k without extra 1 year warranty yesterday. Hopefully it is available on my hometown. With GST prices may rise..

You still have 2 weeks to buy before GST is applied, even after revision Tv are still 28% bracket, so better to buy it before GST hits. Also you will lose extended warranty and 1 year insurance offer after 30th june 2017.

As reviewed by HE-MAN this is a very good TV considering the price you are getting it for. I got it for 73500/- from Croma. They mentioned 84999/- but on Negotiations came down to 73500/- on interest free EMI. I checked various other options before deciding on this one. As of now LG is the only manufacturer offering both HDR and Dolby Vision. Sony, Panasonic, Samsung etc. are only HDRs. Plus for Sony the last price was 84k. With LG you get extended 1 Year warranty on Panel only plus you can purchase complete warranty for upto 4 years. I tested by connecting XBOX one to TV and the results were good as compared to other manufacturers. Sound is good as it has Harman Kardon speakers. If any one wants to buy it now is the good time as price would increase after implementation of GST. Detailed review once I test the TV with other sources over the weekend.

Re: Confused b/w Sony bravia 43x8200e and LG 43uj752t

Today I visit both LG and Sony store but Sony 43x8200e is available for display but LG 43uj752t is not available at that time. However, the Lg's representative says that they will arrange TV in one or two days( they ask that you have to purchase when they brought it even if I like it or not) ...

That is why I'm confused to go with Sony 43x8200e or LG 43uj752t .. However the picture quality of Sony impressed me but how can I compare two TV because I haven't see and experience LG 43uj752t variant...

Please help me to get out of this situation...

One thing I want to mention the market price of LG 43uj752t is around 77k. On the other hand the market price of Sony 43x8200e is around 84-85k.

I just brought it from Bajaj Electronics for 71400 plus 300 Delivery charges. I compared it side by side with Sony and Samsung for a LOOOONG time in the showroom. Samsung was bad. This LG TV had a slight edge over Sony which was surprising. The 2017 LG TVs are really good. Hopefully they will improve the quality of their phones. I brought 3 LG G3s a couple of years back and they went kaput within the first year. But no regrets about this TV. Build and picture quality are very good. I just hope it last for a really long time.

Yes from the built in youtube app, I was surprised too. However youtube does not detect HDR while using pc, which is a bummer. Have you updated to 3.60.09 firmware released on June 2nd 2017.

how did you update the firmware of the tv? online update or manually through usb?

Thanks.

Manually through USB. I had downloaded the update prior to receiving the Tv, cause my ISP is slow and it was nearly 1 gig file.

Bro i am confused between the lg 43uj752t and the sony x8200e i love the android but in lg there is dolby vision but in india theres no such co tent right now which one will you reccomend for my hall only for movies

If you have 30mbps or internet and can stream 4k then LG. You will find lots of 4k DV and HDR10 content on netflix and amazon Prime. One more thing I noticed is that the upscaling from 720p from sites like Hotstar is really good. Upscaling from 720p content in HDD is even better.

LOL. HDR10 is default royalty free HDR used by Sony and Samsung. Samsung is pushing HDR10+ which dynamic like Dolby Vision. Don't just post for the sake of posting

Bro i am confused between the lg 43uj752t and the sony x8200e i love the android but in lg there is dolby vision but in india theres no such co tent right now which one will you reccomend for my hall only for movies
Dhaval did you make your decision - I am in a similar boat looking for 49" model - between LG49UJ752T vs Sony X8200E vs Panasonic TH49EX600D

LOL. HDR10 is default royalty free HDR used by Sony and Samsung. Samsung is pushing HDR10+ which dynamic like Dolby Vision. Don't just post for the sake of posting

Had gone to the local showroom for visual comparison.. I saw the new Sony models had a big HDR sticker but on closer inspection, fine print below it

"HDR only on HDR Compatible PS4 titles".
Sheesh, the things you need to watch out for.

Yep two new budget series which have HDR support only for ps4 games and inbuilt Netflix app.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back