LG 55 inch QNED81SQA 2020

panditji

Hi, looking for a 55 inch TV for a small/medium size bedroom .. Apart from the basics, I want a TV which plays .mkv files as I download lots of documentaries and old movies apart from new content... Please suggest options for regular TV viewing as I am not into gaming and have no plans to add any additional speaker/home theatre setup ... Budget is around 70-80 k and decent TV sound is a pre requisite

Too expensive .. will save the extra money for audio equipment... Don't care much about any features and neither does the other half.. Any latest TV would be better in quality than my 11 year old Sony LCD... Need good picture quality, good sound and should play mkv files which I download...

Also would prefer a Samsung or LG and not a chinese brand...

Worry not my friend....
I am also an owner of LG QNED81 55"
Chosen this one as our prime viewing TV for the drawing room with a very heavy apprehensive mind over SONY X80K (being an avid SONY fan and an ex-Panasonic Plasma user) - purely based on the technology employed - and the best thing is I'm proven right..... check the comparison below from rtings.....

1672036772289.png

Too expensive .. will save the extra money for audio equipment... Don't care much about any features and neither does the other half.. Any latest TV would be better in quality than my 11 year old Sony LCD... Need good picture quality, good sound and should play mkv files which I download...

Also would prefer a Samsung or LG and not a chinese brand...
Hi Panditji,

You can buy a TV with decent picture quality with the basic features and buy an Nvidia Shield pro 2019(approx 24k on Amazon.com) which plays most of the file formats without any issues through its usb port & also stream content using Kodi which is free.
I am not sure if a TV plays most of the file formats hence suggested the shield which I am also using.

Rgs,
Nitin

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back