LG C9 OLED Buying group. Chennai.

pauljoseph

Just started doing in-depth research on OLED models and ended up on this site.

After a lot of reading, I've finally decided to bite the OLED bug.
Saw the group buy scenarios here and it sounded like a really good deal.

I'm doing the initial groundwork at the moment. Looking to make a purchase anytime between Aug-2020 and Oct-2020.
Was actually supposed to get a cheap and large LED, but, weird times we live in with the whole Covid situation. Upped my budget for an OLED finally.

Just called Croma and asked for a quote. They mentioned 1.36L for the C9 55" right off the bat without any bargaining.
With Diwali sales coming up and everything, I really think we can get a much better deal for a larger group.

I'm looking for a deal which is as close to 1L as possible.
Do get in touch if you want to group together and buy a C9 55/65".

I'm exactly in the same situation. i'm tracking the prices of c9 in croma , tata cliq , RD , satya , vasanth & co ..waiting for diwali prices..Since prices of CX started appearing in the retail stores. We have to hope that C9 stock have to last till then

I'm exactly in the same situation. i'm tracking the prices of c9 in croma , tata cliq , RD , satya , vasanth & co ..waiting for diwali prices..Since prices of CX started appearing in the retail stores. We have to hope that C9 stock have to last till then
What’s the best quote on the C9 you’ve received?

I don’t think it will go below 1.1. No one will get LCD’s then.

Haha, hang in there man. It has become a daily routine for me now. I even call Croma and Reliance Digital every week.

I'm basically trigger ready at this point. Anything below 1.2L and I might pounce.
I had a talk with the manager at LG Anna Nagar, and he quoted something around 1.8L for CX 55". And around 1.4L for C9 55".
I asked him about past trends and he told me that he made a sale of the C9 55" for ~1.1L after cashback around Diwali last year. All this while convincing me to get the C9 for 1.4L.
But there are also GST and import duties this year, not sure how much of an effect it will have. My only issue is I can't convince myself to get something at a higher price point when I know how low it was sold for last year.

Also, do you want to create a whatsapp group for C9 chennai and add interested people so that we can have bigger leverage while negotiating?

Haha, hang in there man. It has become a daily routine for me now. I even call Croma and Reliance Digital every week.

I'm basically trigger ready at this point. Anything below 1.2L and I might pounce.
I had a talk with the manager at LG Anna Nagar, and he quoted something around 1.8L for CX 55". And around 1.4L for C9 55".
I asked him about past trends and he told me that he made a sale of the C9 55" for ~1.1L after cashback around Diwali last year. All this while convincing me to get the C9 for 1.4L.
But there are also GST and import duties this year, not sure how much of an effect it will have. My only issue is I can't convince myself to get something at a higher price point when I know how low it was sold for last year.
Don't forget the 11% rise in USD exchange rate

Cheapest at the moment. LG shop T Nagar.
C9 55inch 1.26L. No offers.

Spoke to a store manager at the LG outlet in Chennai.
After launch of CX, all C9(55") units have been marked down to an absolute price of 1.26L. No offers or anything.
Every other store like Reliance Digital, Croma, etc. are still livid with the prices because they only have a limited stock left and they have buyers for it. So they don't bother reducing the price. RD quoted 1.35L.

CX(55") is still around 1.74L, but without the free 32 inch TV and some additional cashback offers, it comes down to 1.54L in total.

Cheapest at the moment. LG shop T Nagar.
C9 55inch 1.26L. No offers.

Spoke to a store manager at the LG outlet in Chennai.
After launch of CX, all C9(55") units have been marked down to an absolute price of 1.26L. No offers or anything.
Every other store like Reliance Digital, Croma, etc. are still livid with the prices because they only have a limited stock left and they have buyers for it. So they don't bother reducing the price. RD quoted 1.35L.

CX(55") is still around 1.74L, but without the free 32 inch TV and some additional cashback offers, it comes down to 1.54L in total.
Whats the point of getting C9 now when you can get CX for same or better price in diwali.With may be extended warranty and updates for a longer period.if its(CX) for 1.54L now it will surely be for 1.15-1.25 in diwali.

Whats the point of getting C9 now when you can get CX for same or better price in diwali.With may be extended warranty and updates for a longer period.if its(CX) for 1.54L now it will surely be for 1.15-1.25 in diwali.
Yeah, pretty much. Doesn't look like they're going to put up a good offer for C9 either way. Might as well go for the CX.

Got a bulk quote of 1.45L for CX 55inch in Chennai. This is without considering the additional 7.5k discount for icici card and also no cost emi interest cashback for all cards.

This is the current lowest I've come across. (Bulk price for 2 units and not if bought individually.)

We're currently a buying group of 2 people here in Chennai waiting to purchase within this month when it hits the lowest price point.
The manager asked me to wait for a few more days to snag the 3 year warranty as well which LG would provide as part of Diwali offers.

We have a whatsapp group where we scout around and discuss best deals. More the number, better a deal we can snag.
Do ping if you're in the same situation and would like to buy a CX55/65 soon enough, we'll add you to the group.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back