LG CINEMA 3D Range on their official website now

vicks_virgo

Hello everyone, yesterday night, watching IPL, I saw the TV advt. of LG CINEMA 3D SMART TV. Ought to check the LG website and was very happy to see some of the smart 3D models of their 2011 lineup. LG claims that their CINEMA 3D technology is certified flicker free and unlike the previous 3D technology, that causes dizziness, nausea and discomfort, allows one to freely indulge in 3D images for an extended time without dizziness and discomfort. The glasses provided with the 3D TVs don't need to be recharged. The glasses are light weight and quite inexpensive. About 4 3D viewing glasses would be bundled with the 3D TVs. As per the website, only two ranges have been launched that have CINEMA 3D and SMART TV features, these are LW5700 and LW6500.

Starting with LG LW5700 range: This range comes in modest 42, giant 47 and monstrous 55 inches sizes. The specs are as follows:
* Advanced 2D to 3D conversion
* Flicker Free
* High 3D brightness
* Comfortable 3D Glasses
* Wide Viewing Angle
* SMART TV functions
* Motion Clarity Index 600
* Full HD
* Local Dimming

This range is EDGE lit LED which LG guys call LED plus. Some other features of this range are: Motion clarity index of 600, Dynamic contrast ratio of 5,000,000:1, response time of 2.4 ms, DivX HD plus from USB (I think plus refers to wider format and codec support than the 2010 range), new 2011 XD engine.

Let us now have a look at LG LW6500 range: In INDIA, this range comes only in two sizes 42 and 47. The specs are as follows:
* Advanced 2D to 3D conversion
* Flicker Free
* High 3D brightness
* Comfortable 3D Glasses
* Wide Viewing Angle
* SMART TV functions
* Motion Clarity Index 850
* Full HD
* Local Dimming

This range is EDGE LED. Some other features of this range are: Motion clarity index of 850, Dynamic contrast ratio of 9,000,000:1, response time of 2.0ms, DivX HD plus from USB, new 2011 XD engine.

One thing that I have noticed in both LW5700 and LW6500 is that all the HDMI ports (3 in LW5700 and 4 in LW6500) have been provided on the side. This is a very wise feature as in LED TVs (Oops edge lit LED-LCD TVs) it is very difficult to access the back panel ports.

This is exciting and I am now looking out for the reviews of these TVs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back