LG G1 OLED 55 inch for a living room?

palu

Dear friends,

I am in the process of replacing some of my AV components. One of them is a TV in my living room. The TV is mainly used for watching the Tata SKY contents as I got a projector also for movies . Since the gap between the projector screen and the wall is around 3 inches, I am looking for a thinnest TV that could be wall mounted ( so that the screen could come over the TV).
Beside this screen / TV wall, there is a huge glass door opening to the balcony. This TV area is part of living room with a size of 12x 10 with screen wall having 12 feet.
Based on my search , two TVs that could meet my needs
1 . LG G1 OLED , 55 inches (2021 model)
2. Samsung Frame TV -2022 model(they are not yet available in stores , and also the sizes available is odd (42,65,77)
Budget is 1.25 to 1.5 k and size needed is 55 inch max
Need suggestions from you regarding the best option here. I got think blind curtain that I use when watching the movies hiding projector. But for TV watching, there is ambient light from balcony . Current TV is a 32 inch full hd Sony that I am using for last 10 years

Thanks

Dear friends,

I am in the process of replacing some of my AV components. One of them is a TV in my living room. The TV is mainly used for watching the Tata SKY contents as I got a projector also for movies . Since the gap between the projector screen and the wall is around 3 inches, I am looking for a thinnest TV that could be wall mounted ( so that the screen could come over the TV).
Beside this screen / TV wall, there is a huge glass door opening to the balcony. This TV area is part of living room with a size of 12x 10 with screen wall having 12 feet.
Based on my search , two TVs that could meet my needs
1 . LG G1 OLED , 55 inches (2021 model)
2. Samsung Frame TV -2022 model(they are not yet available in stores , and also the sizes available is odd (42,65,77)
Budget is 1.25 to 1.5 k and size needed is 55 inch max
Need suggestions from you regarding the best option here. I got think blind curtain that I use when watching the movies hiding projector. But for TV watching, there is ambient light from balcony . Current TV is a 32 inch full hd Sony that I am using for last 10 years

Thanks
For a room with plenty of ambient light, the G1 is a bit dim. It has good reflection control but it's inherent brightness is not great to begin with. I have never reduced backlight below 100% in the 4000 hours that I've logged on it so far. And that is in a room with no natural light and dim lighting.

And while i don't have DTH, i recall viewing some content from a certain service side by side on a Sony A8H OLED against the Sony X9500G on a bright showroom floor (the search for a second TV was fuelled due to finding the G1 to be "not bright enough"). The OLED looked shockingly dim and lackluster even with backlight set to maximum against the latter (confirmed by a friend who I'd taken along who exclaimed that "ye OLED technology toh bekaar hai"). It was only when we put on 4K HDR on both TVs that the OLED stamped it's authority (now my friend couldn't help but exclaim that "isme toh baat hi kuch aur hai")

Having said all of the above, it does sit flush against the wall and three inches is more than sufficient clearance for it.

Haven't experienced the Samsung yet.

Last edited:
Thanks DB1989 for the detailed reply. Now I am more clear with what I could expect if I go for a OLED tv demo.
Regarding Samsung, the the color representation is not their core strength ( as per my eyes, Sony wins hands down in this area) . But Sony don’t have a model that could be flush mounted into the wall
I need to demo Samsung FRAME 2022 model and along with LG G1 to see the real time differences
Thx

Finally the TV got installed yesterday. Even in the bright room, the picture quality is excellent. Big upgrade from LCD tv. Felt too bright when watching at night. Needs to adjust the brightness or settings (currently in filmmaker’s mode).
Still a full HD , 120 inch projector will give you a better immersive experience compared to the 55 inch TV.

Congrats! 🎉 G1

Saw the post now. I was just gonna say get C1 and install curtains on the balcony light area. Lol

Uve got the best already. For people seeking brightness Miniled is also an option. Oled is best for perfection though. (For 🌑 darker rooms)

After debating between the Sony A80J and the LG G1, i too finally bought the G1 yesterday to replace my old plasma.

Finally the TV got installed yesterday. Even in the bright room, the picture quality is excellent. Big upgrade from LCD tv. Felt too bright when watching at night. Needs to adjust the brightness or settings (currently in filmmaker’s mode).
Still a full HD , 120 inch projector will give you a better immersive experience compared to the 55 inch TV.
Congratualtions on your new beast ..Just want know what is the
Congrats! 🎉 G1

Saw the post now. I was just gonna say get C1 and install curtains on the balcony light area. Lol

Uve got the best already. For people seeking brightness Miniled is also an option. Oled is best for perfection though. (For 🌑 darker rooms

Congrats! 🎉 G1

Uve got the best already. For people seeking brightness Miniled is also an option. Oled is best for perfection though. (For 🌑 darker rooms)
Got the LG C1 65" waiting for the delivery and installation i can manage with the curtains as my tv unit is beside the Hall Window.Thank you

reason for this decision? I'm also in the same boat. Also how much was it? I'm looking for 55 incher.
i got it for 1.35 (55 inch). There was credit card cash back offer.

my reasons were as under:
a) better suited for wallmount (absolutely flat against the wall) - yeah, looks do matter !
b) cheaper than the sony
c) picture seemed a bit brighter than the sony when i saw them at the showroom. colours were similiar

Congratualtions on your new beast ..Just want know what is the

Got the LG C1 65" waiting for the delivery and installation i can manage with the curtains as my tv unit is beside the Hall Window.Thank you

Hi,

How much did yiy get the C1'65 inch for?

LG G2 and C2 are available in the LG india website . This may give more bargaining options for 2021 models

Hi,

How much did yiy get the C1'65 inch for?
They closed me the deal at 1.6L for C1 65" Including cash back but other side of picture is still the product is not delivered as promised data and now the new story is my ordered product is missing from Delivery Center.....OMG

They closed me the deal at 1.6L for C1 65" Including cash back but other side of picture is still the product is not delivered as promised data and now the new story is my ordered product is missing from Delivery Center.....OMG
Darn, but a good deal to make it worth the wait :)

Just now got to know that they are running out of stock and they are offering the Display peace to get instead with better price.
Currently ur still a customer and hv the power to demand. Plz don't accept display piece of an OLED. Wait...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back